OT History Television

Old January 21st 10, 03:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
~KK in BC~

Default OT History Television

I am just too excited to not share this :-)

My family was chosen by the makers of the TV show Ancestors in the Attic and
the airing of the show is today! Yay! I can't wait to see the TV version of
it all, 4 of my family members took a trip to Ukraine last spring and met
family they never knew they had over there, amazing stories and pictures
came back with them and the show is about my grandfather and his trek to a
new life in Canada.

Maybe I should make a Ukrainian themed quilt one day. My mom does needle
work and there are some amazing fabrics out there.....

~KK in BC~

Old January 21st 10, 04:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
rustqlts

On Jan 21, 10:59�am, "~KK in BC~" wrote:
I am just too excited to not share this :-)

FANTASTIC!! I just googled the program and although it's possible to
watch full episodes online there, we can't get them 'down here' (
(I have absolutely *no* knowledge of my ancestry--not even parents--so
it's really exciting to hear fascinating 'stuff' like this!)

rusty
Old January 21st 10, 04:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Cool! So how are you related to Sidor? IMO a quilt would be a great
idea.
Roberta in D

Old January 21st 10, 04:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
EstelleUK

Gosh, that sounds so interesting and exciting. Pity we cant see it over
here.!
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/EstelleUK11

Old January 21st 10, 06:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

http://www.history.ca/ontv/titledeta...tleid=110820&/

Try this link to show catch up on season 4 of 'Ancestors in the Attic'

Mike A 'That man & her in Chester UK'

Old January 22nd 10, 05:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
~KK in BC~

My cousin's daughter is really deeply into genealogy and she contacted the
show a couple years ago. She simply wrote in with the information she had
already and asked them if there was a way they could help her find out if
there were living relatives in Ukraine still.

It took a long time in the making but what a wonderful journey for them all

~KK in BC~

"Allison" wrote in message

I forgot to ask - how did your family get involved in this?
Allison

Old January 22nd 10, 12:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

EstelleUK wrote:
Gosh, that sounds so interesting and exciting. Pity we cant see it over
here.!

I love things like this. And Meet the Ancestors...

I'd love to take part in something on these lines. My brother has
uncovered plenty, especially tangled messes amonst the Robertsons!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old January 22nd 10, 07:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
bvolman

I watched this show for the firsdt time and was very touched by both
stories. It reminded me a bit of History Detectives on PBS.What a gift to
remaining family members. Thank you for letting us know.
Larchie

Old February 6th 10, 09:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dragonfly[_2_]

My brother is a pilot, mostly flying very large charter-type flights in
747s. A couple of months ago he was in Luxembourg, which is where our
grandfather's dad (or granddad?) came from. There are entire cities of
people with our surname there, although they told him he spelled it wrong
(the spelling was simplified when our ancestor came to the U.S.). It would
be fascinating to spend some time there!

Dragonfly (a Woodruff, or a Woodrough, depending on where you are from!)

"Kate XXXXXX" wrote in message
o.uk...
EstelleUK wrote:
Gosh, that sounds so interesting and exciting. Pity we cant see it over
here.!

I love things like this. And Meet the Ancestors...

I'd love to take part in something on these lines. My brother has
uncovered plenty, especially tangled messes amonst the Robertsons!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

History matters - Oct.17 (UK) Pat P Needlework 1 October 17th 06 05:45 PM
history KJ Quilting 10 September 19th 05 10:37 AM
OT - my history Queen of Squishies Quilting 4 April 21st 04 11:31 PM
On television now Diana Curtis Beads 22 March 23rd 04 07:58 AM
Quilting on television? WhansaMi Quilting 16 August 4th 03 04:43 PM