Interesting statistic!

Old August 17th 09, 04:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

Default Interesting statistic!

I just received notice from WebShots that 2,652 people braved all the
'annoyances' on WebShots and viewed the photos of my studio. WOW!

All you Lurkers... come out, come out, wherever you are! Talk to us! Join
in the quilty fun! ;-)

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old August 17th 09, 05:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Well, some of us went more than once!
Roberta in D

Old August 17th 09, 05:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.

Well, then... that explains the numbers! LOL

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Old August 17th 09, 05:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary

Well, I for one like to see what people have with their sewing rooms,
quilting studios, etc., and think yours is the best I have ever seen!
I do not have anything set up at all, preferring to keep both of my
guest bedrooms as guest rooms. Besides, I prefer to do everything
by hand and do the majority of my stitching in my favorite chair
downstairs with TV in the evening or on the porch with iced tea and
neighbors, etc. And I always take a tote bag of some sort of quilting
with me whenever I travel. I have to admit, however, that I do have
quilting stuff stashed all over the house, and can set up whatever I
want in a jiffy in either or both the living and dining rooms! The
featherweight machine is in its case hiding in a dark corner under a
table in the living room; the 99K is in its case with rollers in the
back of a closet; my grandmother's treadle machine is in the kitchen
(it's a very large kitchen); the sewing table is folded and stashed
under the sofa; the card table is folded and stashed under the edge
of the kitchen island and behind the dog's bowls and a cookbook
shelf; stencils and miscellaneous tools and stuff for the "next
project" are in a dresser in the large guest room; cutting mats are on
the dining room table between the two table mats; books and patterns
and template plastic are on a set of shelves in the basement (near all
the knitting/crochet/tatting references); large pieces of fabric are
in a couple of locker trunks in the large guest room closet; scraps
and smaller fabrics are in a laundry basket on the floor in my second
clothes closet; my "outdoor" sewing kit/basket is tucked under the
silver chest; the iron and ironing board are in the utility room just
off the kitchen; the traditional sewing basket is inside the victrola
in the living room; threads are in see-through boxes in a drawer of
another corner table in the living room; the current work-in-progress
is in baskets under the buffet in the dining room; the actual piece
being stitched is in my small sewing basket next to my favorite
chair. So it's all over the place, but I can lay my hands on anything
I want or need very easily, and everything is out of sight from
guests. It sounds like chaos, but I never seem to need lots of
different things at any given time, so it works for me. If I ever
decide to move I will probably set up a separate room, but will
probably continue to do handwork in the living room and porch as
usual.
Old August 17th 09, 07:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
M Enneking

You can count me in the number who looked at your photos. Your studio is
just wonderful. My first reaction was "Wow!" I don't know if you were
looking to buy or rent when you moved to this house, but I have to think
that room was a big part of your decision. The windows, track lighting and
high ceilings along with the beautiful walls and floors were a good start,
but your cabinets definitely make it a perfect studio. I am very jealous.
Linda

Old August 17th 09, 10:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria[_2_]

So just how do we 'stash raid' a whole room?
There are so many bad sewing rooms around
it is just nice to see one done well.
Taroa

Old August 17th 09, 11:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
bvolman

I've been mostly lurking here for about 8-10 years or so. I rarely post
because I am not nearly as knowlegeable as most of you regulars. I have
learned most of what I know through this newsgroup, for which I am grateful.
Leslie, I admire your studio, I live in a very small place and my sewing
machine lives mainly on the kitchen table. It goes under there when I have
dinner guests. I am not jealous though, I am happy here. Keep up the
chatting, I really enjoy it.
"Leslie& The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message
I just received notice from WebShots that 2,652 people braved all the
'annoyances' on WebShots and viewed the photos of my studio. WOW!

All you Lurkers... come out, come out, wherever you are! Talk to us!
Join in the quilty fun! ;-)

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

way OT, but very very interesting Sterling Beads 9 May 3rd 08 04:24 AM
Interesting MB Quilting 2 March 2nd 08 03:01 AM
Interesting site Pat P Needlework 6 February 7th 07 06:54 PM
Interesting Project Craftkitten (Darlene) Yarn 0 April 17th 05 02:41 AM
completely OT but interesting Dr. Quilter Quilting 7 January 29th 04 05:51 PM