ping Roberta

Old August 7th 09, 10:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
bvolman

Default ping Roberta

A few months ago you posted a link to a bag with uneven handles. The long
handle spips throughg the short one, so the bag becomes a pouch. I made two
of them and now have a request for another one. The problem is that my
computer died a wee or so ago and I lost all my collected patterns.
I've searched through about 15 pages of links on google, but nothing rings a
bell., Could you please post that link again and this time I will keep a
paper pattern of anything I download. TIA.
Larchie.

Old August 7th 09, 11:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

is this what you're looking for?
http://showyourworkings.wordpress.co...-instructions/

hope that helps,
not Roberta in the south pacific,
j.

"bvolman" wrote...

Old August 8th 09, 02:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

There is one similar on the BHG site, only it doesn't have a round bottom on
it.
http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/quarte...QtrlyChal3.pdf

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old August 8th 09, 03:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
bvolman

Yes, this is the one! Thank you so much! I am going to print this right
away. Thanks again.
Larchie

Old August 8th 09, 04:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Larchie, I don't know what your sewing experience background is - but I
found the Knot bag instructions left out a lot and the manner of
construction was rather tedious. So. I looked at the BH&G pattern that
came later and don't see that it is much better.
I'm certain that there is a faster and neater way. I wish one of our
baggers was here to guide you. Polly

"bvolman" wrote in message Yes, this is the one! Thank you so much! I
am going to print this right
away. Thanks again.
Larchie

Old August 8th 09, 04:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Did you make the Go bag Polly? The only problem I had with it was at the
"corners" where the front and back separate to form the handle. You have to
do a little fussy sewing there to get it right....but if I can do it anyone
can!

Old August 8th 09, 05:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Well, you see, Kathyl, that Knot bag is really not much more that a
sleeveless dress with one shoulder considerably higher than the other (with
a circular bottom of course). I think if I were going to produce a few for
gifts I would just have to change the construction plan. That fiddling with
blindstitching at the tops of the handles is just not the easiest way.
I'm betting there's a way to do the bag and turn through an opening left
at one of the side seams. Polly

Old August 8th 09, 12:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

That's the link I had -good for you KJ!
Roberta in D

Old August 8th 09, 03:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

I made one. Had plans to make more and drew the pattern a little
bigger......but it hasn't happened yet.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
"Roberta" Roberta@Home wrote in message
That's the link I had -good for you KJ!
Roberta in D

On Sat, 08 Aug 2009 01:14:24 GMT, "KJ" wrote:

There is one similar on the BHG site, only it doesn't have a round bottom
on
it.
http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/quarte...QtrlyChal3.pdf

Ping Roberta in Germany Boca Jan Quilting 1 September 3rd 08 04:24 PM
PING Roberta in De nzlstar*[_2_] Quilting 16 September 25th 07 05:39 PM
Ping: Roberta Z Sunny Quilting 0 March 30th 07 01:41 AM
PING: Roberta Ward off kilter [email protected] Quilting 0 September 19th 06 12:15 AM
Roberta in D D Curtis Quilting 2 November 14th 05 02:14 PM