Rock Polisher

Old April 2nd 04, 05:11 AM
-SP-

"Abrasha" wrote in message
-SP- wrote:

Now you're JTTP - Shame on you Mr.A!

JTTP?
Join The Team player?
Joint Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (for Antiterrorism)

You really don't know??! LOL! You show your lack of understanding
acronyms to full extent. And I thought you knew it all. (AITYKIA).

'groups' first page for the search term "cabochon" are from
rec.crafts.jewelry - and none that I see explain what a

cabochon
is...)

You don't seem to know how to google either!

I got 16 pages with definitions alone! And 800 web sites that

mention
cabochons
in one way/form or another!

I'm very happy for you. You deserve an -SP- 18ct gold very shiny
medal,

I'm looking forward to receiving it from you. You can find my

address online.
If you need help finding it, let me know.

No, I've seen it many times, and I have to say that you really
don't move further on do you. Static.

What's the matter Abrasha, having trouble with the aging lathe? Is
your Tap and Die getting blunt?

but did you see that I used the Google link 'Groups' for a
better description of 'cabochon', and it lead me nowhere?

That's precisely my point; I rest my case! You DO NOT KNOW how to

use Google!

I do know how to use Google and any of its derivatives AND I can
pave set 10 point diamonds too! Hahaha... Please show *YOUR* lack of
ignorance and knowledge and tell me that I can't...

Wanna see a picture?

The fact that you went to "Groups" and not to "Web" clearly

illustrates that!

Why? If I was a naive person that read the word 'Cabochon' or
heard the word 'Cabochon', then I would clearly have known that it was
at least in use in the jewellery trade - what other explanation could
there be?? Going to any jewellery 'groups' first would be MY first
move to extrapolate the meaning of 'Cabochon'. But guess what? IT
AIN'T THERE!

I'm getting sick and tired of this thread.

Poor you.

AND your demonstrated ignorance
regarding the use of Google, or any search engine for that matter.

You just
don't know how to do a search, period. I suggest you take a look at
http://searchenginewatch.com/ and study it thoroughly, you might

learn a thing
or two about web searches. Pay special attention to "Web Searching

Tips" at
http://searchenginewatch.com/facts/index.php You need it!

No, been there, done that a long time ago. You seem to come over
as some sort of web search guru, (I've read the threads), and the
truth is that you can't stay off the net. No wonder you're good at it!
What else do you search for?

Hasn't it occured to you or anyone else to just type "What is a

cabochon" in
the
Google search box? I mean, what would be more basic? Instead of

asking that
same question here, asking the question from Google would have

provide HUNDREDS
of correct answers!

You say correct answers, but what if the answer wasn't correct on
some dubious website somewhere? That person searching would be a
little stuck when receiving their first stone parcel, eh? I would
rather trust a jewellery group than just some made up page offering
any bit of polished grit for hundreds of dollars a piece... YOU won't
get caught, but they will...

Your advice is not sound.

The VERY FIRST result is "WEB DEFINITIONS FOR CABOCHON",
with all the links one could possibly want!

Touche! Another medal for you... Both ways make sense though, your
way, AND my way, I just didn't do what you did, that's all. I went for
the (rightly so), *obvious* path. I would have tried the web next, but
didn't... So what?

Please do not show your ignorance in such an obvious way. It's very
unattractive and unbecoming.

So says the 'HackerMan'(tm). Nice name for a film starring *Mr. A*!
I might just make it... lol, that would be funny...

-SP-

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

Old April 2nd 04, 05:33 AM
Peter W. Rowe

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 20:11:51 -0800, in rec.crafts.jewelry "-SP-"
wrote:

Now you're JTTP - Shame on you Mr.A!

JTTP?
Join The Team player?
Joint Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (for Antiterrorism)

You really don't know??! LOL! You show your lack of understanding
acronyms to full extent. And I thought you knew it all. (AITYKIA).

Actually, I don't know that one either, SP. Gosh. I feel so deprived. Don't
happen to recognize the AITYKIA either, while I'm at it.

And more importantly, you two are starting to stop discussion anything relevant
to this newsgroup. This latest post is pretty much nothing but trading jabs at
Abrasha (which of course, he's trading back, understandably.)

While the both of you seem to be having fun egging each other on, I'm sitting
here wondering at what point I should put a stop to this. You're very close to
verging into "flame war" territory, which I'm not supposed to allow, and in
your most recent post, I see nothing really pertaining to additional
suggestions on google searches, just more comments that, were I in the mood, I
could catagorize as personal insults. And, though you've been careful to
point out, SP, that Abrasha has a certain reputation for this type of post, I'd
have to say that in this interchange, you've been very much his equal, if not
the worse of the two sides.

Time to either bring this thread back in line with group policies, or move on
altogether. this is getting a bit childish. And I'm betting bored with it.

Last time I just arbitrarily ended an interchange like this, i caught flack
from some folks who said I shouldn't have done that, and more comments from
others who wondered why i hadn't done it earlier.

Save me the trouble, please, and restrain yourselfs to civil coments that are
on topic of the group, containing useful information for the group, rather than
directed as personal insults. If you must keep jabbing, then please take it to
private email.

thanks.

Peter Rowe
moderator
rec.crafts.jewelry

Old April 26th 04, 03:47 PM
CaptCook

Hesitant to get involved in the hissy fits but I am trying to find
replacement ballbearing motors for the Calway Lot-O-tumbler that cost
less than$50. Any one willing to share information?

Old April 27th 04, 01:51 AM
Abrasha

CaptCook wrote:

Hesitant to get involved in the hissy fits but I am trying to find
replacement ballbearing motors for the Calway Lot-O-tumbler that cost
less than$50. Any one willing to share information?

These are good places to start

http://www.baldor.com/ and specifically:
http://www.baldor.com/products/product.asp?1=1&product=AC+Motors&family=General+P urpose|vw_ACMotors_GeneralPurpose

and

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/start.shtml

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
Old April 27th 04, 03:34 PM
CaptCook

"Abrasha" wrote...
These are good places to start
http://www.baldor.com/ and specifically:

http://www.baldor.com/products/product.asp?1=1&product=AC+Motors&family=General+P urpose|vw_ACMotors_GeneralPurpose
and

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/start.shtml
http://www.abrasha.com

Thanks much. I did search Grainger before but not Baldor. Appreciate
your help.

Cement Mixer as rock tumbler NovySan Glass 3 October 7th 04 01:51 PM
Paradise Rock & Gem Club Show roxan Beads 18 April 19th 04 05:13 AM
River Rock Beads starlia Beads 12 February 27th 04 04:26 AM
"shining" up a rock marie Beads 0 July 11th 03 01:55 AM