Please could you all Delete part of those LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG letters

Old July 1st 07, 04:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Jan[_2_]

Default Please could you all Delete part of those LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG letters

"DA" don't live wrote in message
David, top posting is considered poor netiquette, and will get you flamed
in most USENET groups. Hope this explains better than I can.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette
DA

Generally, I avoid top posting because I'm aware that some consider it to be
poor netiquette. However, I've never understood the reason and don't see
anything in the Wikipedia reference to explain it. Personally, I find it is
generally quicker to read top-posted messages, especially when I have to
scroll multiple times to get to the actual post.

--
Jan in MN

Old July 1st 07, 05:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Jan wrote:
"DA" don't live wrote in message
David, top posting is considered poor netiquette, and will get you
flamed in most USENET groups. Hope this explains better than I can.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette
DA

Generally, I avoid top posting because I'm aware that some consider
it to be poor netiquette. However, I've never understood the reason
and don't see anything in the Wikipedia reference to explain it.
Personally, I find it is generally quicker to read top-posted
messages, especially when I have to scroll multiple times to get to
the actual post.

Try this site

http://mailformat.dan.info/quoting/bottom-posting.html

Donna

Old July 1st 07, 06:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I always do.

SOmetimes it is hard to remember which newsgroups want you to top post
and which want you to bottom post, and to me it's as crazy as which way
to insert the toilet paper on the roll -- there are good reasons for
doing both, and each has its proper time.

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Melinda you can leave parts to which you answer
and delete the rest ,, it will make a HUUUUGE difference

--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your
work with excellence.
Old July 1st 07, 06:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I don't mind pleasant requests for accommodation, but I do mind the
groups where they label you with unprintable adjectives if you don't
post per their preference.

DAB wrote:
Good point Nickie......I sub to several groups and pretty much go with the
flow....some don't care how you post, others are diehard bottom posters
only.

Old July 3rd 07, 06:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Merri

Mirjam---
You said just what I was thinking! Since I sprained my wrist a few weeks
ago, it hurts to use the mouse, and as I was complaining to myself about how
the replies were posted, I came upon your request. Thank you!!!

Merri (a sometime lurker, reader and occasional poster)

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
Everybody . it takes me Ages and pain in my hand to
scrolllllllllllllll through Miles of older texts ,,, just leave the
needed parts PLEASE ,,,,,
mirjam

Old July 3rd 07, 08:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

QUICK HEALINNG MERRI
i have another problem that hurts , thus i am kin to have less
scrollling

Old July 6th 07, 03:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
David R. Sky

Funny how many posts this thread generated!!

If you were to join a blindness-related list and posted your response
_after_ someone else's message, you'd _very_ quickly get flamed by irate
screen reader users!!!!

And thanks for the link - when I want to respond to several points in an
email or post, I do interweave but start each person's text with their name
and my name and response:

Person: [quoted text]

David: [response]

and so on... This keeps text very clear as to who wrote what, especially
since it can get annoying hearing all those signes repeatedly spoken as
"greater" or "greater greater greater...". *chuckle*

David

--
David R. Sky
http://www.shellworld.net/~davidsky/

On Sun, 1 Jul 2007, it was written:

Old July 6th 07, 07:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
nickie{D}

Hi David,

I was intrigued by this and asked friends on another newsgroup. The
best reason they came up with for the convention of bottom-posting was
the unreliability of usenet in terms of message propogation. It is
common to receive messages out of order, for instance, and then if the
message is top-posted and the message to which it is replying is not
there the person reading it has no context and it becomes meaningless.

There is no corresponding argument where mailing lists are concerned I
guess as they are more consistent (perhaps with the exception of yahoo
which can be a bit sporadic) and good at delivering messages in the
correct order.

nickie

David R. Sky wrote:
Funny how many posts this thread generated!!

[snip]
Old July 6th 07, 03:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Nickie
I find it very annoying to scrolllllllllll f=down i read what i want
at the top if i need any clatification i can always go back
mirjam