Twelve dollars

Old June 6th 06, 02:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default Twelve dollars

Thanks, but I spent much more than that. I expected nothing, but
since I know you are full of spite (self-proclaimed) I guess it was
your way of getting to me. Didn't work.
Old June 6th 06, 02:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Jangchub wrote:

Thanks, but I spent much more than that. I expected nothing, but
since I know you are full of spite (self-proclaimed) I guess it was
your way of getting to me. Didn't work.

First off, let me remind you and anyone who reads this that I WILL
respond to every post made to this thread that is negative, nasty,
accusatory and just plain mean! If I didn't "get to you" as you think I
was trying to do (I was not -- just trying to be fair), why in the name
of all that is logical, did you post this bit of nastiness? Folks, if
you don't want to be embroiled in another flame war, just ignore this
thread.
So, did you read the note enclosed? 42 colors of floss @ 4/$1.00
plus tax is less than $12.00. Since most LNS don't sell DMC (they tend
to sell Anchor), I had to assume you purchased it at one of the large
chain stores who never charge more than $0.40 a skein which would be
$16.80 plus tax. If you want, I'll be happy to send you another five or
six dollars. If you spent way more than that, you obviously didn't get
the floss at one of the large chain stores or on sale. Besides, several
others have said they were sending you money. I don't know if that has
happened but if so, I am sure you will get sufficient to cover the cost
of the DMC. I'll happily send you however much additional money you
want. I've said all along that all you have to do is TELL ME how much
you spent on the DMC and I'll reimburse you the FULL amount!
As I said before, you will not be reimbursed for the charts or
laminating since that was something not necessary to the project and
done because you wanted to do it. Also, your bobbins will be returned
by Carolyn as soon as she has a chance to unwind the floss from them.
Everything else was returned to you including a SECOND almost brand new
chart! I had forgotten that Janet already returned a brand new chart to
you.
Old June 6th 06, 12:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Tia Mary wrote:
Jangchub wrote:

[...]

You do realize that your post is also negative don't you?

FYI--every shop around here (and I have something in the neighborhood
of 10 within an hour or so) sells DMC floss, not just Anchor. So your
arguement that "most" LNS sell only Anchor is fallacious.

Why it was necessary to bring up $$$ spent is beyond me anyway, but it
does just point out the overall pettiness of all this nonsense. You do
yourself and the project in general no favors by continuing with these
vindictive rants against everything Victoria says.

Caryn

Old June 6th 06, 01:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 21:47:35 -0400, Tia Mary
wrote:

Jangchub wrote:

[...]

I already sent you a break down of what I had to buy and you know
exactly how much I spent. I was acknowledging the recipt of your
mail. I didn't want to send you an email, so I did this here.
Old June 6th 06, 01:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

On Tue, 06 Jun 2006 07:51:21 -0400, Tia Mary

...Why it was necessary to bring up $$$ spent is beyond me anyway, but it
does just point out the overall pettiness of all this nonsense. You do
yourself and the project in general no favors by continuing with these
vindictive rants against everything Victoria says.

Caryn

I didn't find it necessary to **bring up the topic** -- I hadn't
said one word about it. I have said repeatedly I WILL respond when I am
being attached over ANYTHING to do with this subject.

Yeah, but you were also ****ed off because I didn't let anyone know I
got the scroll rods back. So nothing is satisfactory for you.
Old June 6th 06, 02:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

wrote:

Jangchub wrote:

[...]

Sounds to me that you wanted to be the spiteful, petty thing that you are
and bringing this into the newsgroup.

Old June 6th 06, 03:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

wrote:

Jangchub wrote:

[...]

So says the Magic Mood Jeep!
Old June 6th 06, 03:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Jangchub wrote:
I already sent you a break down of what I had to buy and you know
exactly how much I spent. I was acknowledging the recipt of your
mail. I didn't want to send you an email, so I did this here.

Sorry Vic, but I have never received anything from you outlining your
expenses for this project. You must have sent an e-mail or *someone* on
the group would have seen the post and likely mentioned it. Other than
sending you more money to cover the cost of the DMC, I'm not sure just
what you would like me to do.
I had hoped that this could be dealt with privately but that doesn't
seem to be what you would prefer. I'm sure many in the group would
prefer that this be handled privately in e-mail but I don't think that
would be wise now. Better it is dealt with publicly where how WE deal
with each other can be held up to public scrutiny.
I shall go on the record by saying that I sent Victoria $12.00 to
cover the cost of the 42 skeins of DMC floss called for in the chart. I
know that the chain stores often sell floss at 4/$1.00 and that is how I
determined that $12.00 would likely be adequate. Since Vic has
proclaimed long and loudly that she would never set foot in Ginger's
(the only LNS anywhere near where she lives) I knew that she hadn't
bought the floss there and paid the more expensive price that LNS must
charge for DMC (and this is why I said most LNS don't sell DMC but
Anchor instead). If people think I didn't send Vic enough money then I
will gladly send her additional money to cover the cost of what the
chain stores sell DMC for at full cost.
I returned all of the Needlepaints fibers, the small individual
baggies for the floss bobbins, the metal rings the baggies were on and
the virtually brand new replacement chart that Janet had bought. Janet
had already sent Vic a brand new laminated chart to replace the one that
Vic had originally had laminated and sent along with the project. I
have said repeated that I don't feel Vic needs to be reimbursed for any
of the copies of the chart that she says she sent to everyone on the
rotation list.
Except for the floss bobbins, Vic now has everything she originally
provided or money to cover replacement costs. Carolyn has the bobbined
floss and will send Vic the bobbins as soon as possible.
I'm honestly not sure what else I can do at this point except ignore
the mean, nasty posts and that's not going to happen. Just remember that
I WILL NOT allow any meanness to go unanswered. I am honestly trying
not to be any sort of negative but I will not "turn the other cheek" any
more. I have been slandered and vilified far too often to allow it to
continue unanswered. If the group has any *constructive*
recommendations (no, I won't just let it pass -- sorry), then please
share them.

--
PAX, Tia Mary (RCTQ Queen of Kitties) ^;;^
their WHISKERS!