OT Red kitchen (for Frood)

Old December 20th 05, 08:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT Red kitchen (for Frood)

I'm posting this mainly so Frood won't think I'm a complete color wimp after
seeing my sewing room colors. *big grin*

Here's what I've been doing this last week instead of quilting.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kathy.....net/my_photos Click
on the "house" album, and check the last picture. Just a little change!

Once DH gets the window coverings back up, I'll add pictures of the great
room. That's the one great thing about a huge room with high ceilings -- you
can get away with using five gallons of red paint without being
overwhelming! LOL

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old December 20th 05, 08:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I have red paint in my kitchen, too, except it's only on the backsplash
area between the upper and lower cabinets. The end walls and soffits are
gold. I have a wide wallpaper border on the soffits that has the red
background and big bunches of flowers with a lot of gold. It was pretty
daring for me, but I love the results. I have light oak cabinets, white
counter tops, and white appliances, too.

Then I got really daring and painted one wall of the bedroom hall the
same red. It's a long wall but has three doors to break it up. I was
pleased with it all.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old December 20th 05, 09:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Its beautiful! The gold of the cabinets glows against the red. Now I
feel very comfortable with the idea of painting our backsplashes to
match the livingroom wall...
We just painted the vaulted wall in our living room red. Its red red
wine by behr... in semi gloss. Then.. well.. rather than me tell you why
not just give you the link?
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lunamom44/my_photos in the remodeling
folder. We will be installing lam flooring in January (I hope).
Red is good. Its the next white.
Diana

Old December 20th 05, 09:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Ok, you've redeemed yourself. Somewhat.... I notice the cabinets are neutral
wood and the ceiling is still white... wg

My kitchen's gonna be periwinkle. Or perhaps heliotrope. I like saying that
one.

--
Wendy
De-STUFF email address to reply
et...

Old December 20th 05, 10:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"Jan" wrote in message
. 125.201...

Very nice!! But are we really suppose to believe that's all the fabric
that lives in your sewing room??? vbg

Uh, sure, that's all the fabric I own. Honest! *trying desperately to look
innocent, while covering up the 12 boxes of fabric that hadn't been unpacked
when the picture was taken*

Old December 20th 05, 10:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I am guessing I can be in the not boring colour place too then. My kitchen
was a toss up. I wanted either red as in a red apple red or a coffee house
kitchen with all coffee related colours but my first choice and I am glad I
stuck with it was for a LIME GREEN.

I have red accents all over my kitchen to go with my pale yellow and lime
green. Most people looked at me and said eww when I explained my plan, but
now that most of them have seen it, they LOVE it! Only one negative comment
came to me and that is from my SIL who hates everything I do in my home and
then runs home and does the same thing with a tiny bit different shade... go
figure?

Now that I see a kitchen in red, I think I want more red! LOL
I love it!

~KK in BC~ Loving LIME green!

--
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
I haven't outgrown the need to play with blocks.

Old December 20th 05, 10:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thank you!
I do wish I had remembered you are in the *biz* before I started. I had
wanted to frottage paint but that just didnt work well. Then it took
several trys till I learned how to avoid overlap marks, the
unintentional ones anyway. That, and I probably wouldnt have picked this
particular color to glaze with. When Im ready to repaint I shall try to
remember to ask for help first.
Di

Great job on the faux!

Old December 20th 05, 10:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

The ceiling only looks white in the photo -- it's really a light
yellow-gold. Cabinets stay as they are until many years from now when I can
afford new ones. I hate painted oak, otherwise they'd be changed.

Heliotrope, heliotrope, heliotrope. Yup, fun to say!

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps
http://www.kayneyquilting.com ,