Garter Carriage

Old April 3rd 04, 10:32 PM
Shannon

Default Garter Carriage

Does anyone possibly know what the funny shaped metal piece, underneath the
garter carriage (Brother KG95) that rides along the top of the needles is
called? It has 4 tabs on it that snap onto the carriage. I'm not sure how it
happened but mine got badly bent. I straightened it as best I could, have
used it all day but it just mangled again. I had an awful time getting the
carriage off of the machine and managed to mangle a few needles in the
process. I have to look for a new one but need to know what it's called. I'm
in Canada if anyone possibly knows where I could get one. I know that
Brother doesn't manufacture machines anymore but thought there might still
be parts available. Any help would be sincerely appreciated. I just want to
cry I am lost without this machine. Thanks, Shannon

Old April 4th 04, 12:31 AM
S Viemeister

Shannon wrote:

Does anyone possibly know what the funny shaped metal piece, underneath the
garter carriage (Brother KG95) that rides along the top of the needles is
called? It has 4 tabs on it that snap onto the carriage. I'm not sure how it
happened but mine got badly bent. I straightened it as best I could, have
used it all day but it just mangled again. I had an awful time getting the
carriage off of the machine and managed to mangle a few needles in the
process. I have to look for a new one but need to know what it's called.

I don't have the parts manual for the 95, but the 88/89 should be similar -
is it possibly the G-carriage foot?
If you could scan it, and put it on a website (or email it to me) I could
check the diagrams.

Sheila

Old April 4th 04, 12:39 PM
Shannon

Thanks, I'll try and draw a picture and send it to you. It's a little
difficult to try and locate one when you don't know what it's called!
Shannon

Old October 7th 06, 07:28 PM
willi_one willi_one is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon
Does anyone possibly know what the funny shaped metal piece, underneath the
garter carriage (Brother KG95) that rides along the top of the needles is
called? It has 4 tabs on it that snap onto the carriage. I'm not sure how it
happened but mine got badly bent. I straightened it as best I could, have
used it all day but it just mangled again. I had an awful time getting the
carriage off of the machine and managed to mangle a few needles in the
process. I have to look for a new one but need to know what it's called. I'm
in Canada if anyone possibly knows where I could get one. I know that
Brother doesn't manufacture machines anymore but thought there might still
be parts available. Any help would be sincerely appreciated. I just want to
cry I am lost without this machine. Thanks, Shannon
Hi Shannon,

my name is Willi and I am from Germany.
I have the same problem as you described above.

Did you solve your problem in the meantime?

Thanks, Willi

GARTER STITCH FABRIC!! ox Machine Knit 1 January 4th 04 02:38 PM
Intarsia Carriage Brenda Smith Machine Knit 2 July 17th 03 02:01 PM