just got EQ5

Old April 16th 04, 04:58 PM
DebsPrintOnIt

Default just got EQ5

I used the gift cert. my DH got me at the LQS yesterday to purchase EQ5. It is
so fun! I did 4 of the 6 lessons in the starter book. I also worked a little
on my Southwest quilt. I am not too happy with my latest row on it. So.... I
couldn't go to sleep until 4 am last night thinking about these two things.
You can check it out at http://community.webshots.com/album/37015880vszRXO
The partial arrows row is the one in question. It seems too narrow or oriented
the wrong way or something (across rather than up and down). This row and it's
clone above the center will be the last.
Debra in Idaho
Old April 16th 04, 05:27 PM
Kathy in CA

Actually I like the arrows--just think it needs to be more symetrical by
adding a row of arrow above the cross too.
--
Kathy in CA
Quilting Stuff:

Old April 16th 04, 08:46 PM
..Mickie Swall..

Kathy, I think that is what she meant by her last line
"This row and it's clone above the center will be the last."
But I agree, that would certainly balance it out. My
suggestion, Deb, would be to make the row and insert
it in its reserved place, audition it facing opposite way from
its clone, and then the same way, and then decide for
youself. I think you will like the results. (I do)

As far as EQ5 goes, don't try to swallow too much lessons
at one sitting, you'll choke on it!!! LOL When you get really
good at it, you can audition things like this dillema on the
screen before you invest time sewing.
Mickie

Old April 17th 04, 05:04 PM
Donna Maine

I really like it!!
Donna
kdmaine77 @ yahoo dot com

Old April 18th 04, 01:23 AM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
(DebsPrintOnIt) wrote:

I used the gift cert. my DH got me at the LQS yesterday to purchase EQ5. It
is
so fun! I did 4 of the 6 lessons in the starter book. I also worked a
little
on my Southwest quilt. I am not too happy with my latest row on it. So....
couldn't go to sleep until 4 am last night thinking about these two things.
You can check it out at
http://community.webshots.com/album/37015880vszRXO
The partial arrows row is the one in question. It seems too narrow or
oriented
the wrong way or something (across rather than up and down). This row and
it's
clone above the center will be the last.
Debra in Idaho

I like it, Debra! But I wonder how it would look if you did half the row
facing as it is now and the other half a mirror image?
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1
Old April 20th 04, 03:49 PM
Dr. Quilter

maybe if you separate it from the top row with a very narrow cream
strip? I actually like the design wall peeking through, so it might need
some quiet resting area for the eye...

DebsPrintOnIt wrote:
I used the gift cert. my DH got me at the LQS yesterday to purchase EQ5. It is
so fun! I did 4 of the 6 lessons in the starter book. I also worked a little
on my Southwest quilt. I am not too happy with my latest row on it. So.... I
couldn't go to sleep until 4 am last night thinking about these two things.
You can check it out at http://community.webshots.com/album/37015880vszRXO
The partial arrows row is the one in question. It seems too narrow or oriented
the wrong way or something (across rather than up and down). This row and it's
clone above the center will be the last.
Debra in Idaho

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens
(take the dog out before replying)

Old April 23rd 04, 12:00 AM
Janet of Gar

Or, use the lighter orange instead of cream.

I also like the idea of the arrows pointing toward the middle of
the row.

Happy stitching,
Janet of Gar

Old April 25th 04, 02:00 PM
Mary in Rock Island IL

"carol boyle" wrote:

just got eq5 how do i get started first help

The first thing to do is work through Getting Started. Then use the
Design Cookbook for further ideas. You may want to go to
patchworkplanet.com and sign up for info-eq (an e-mail resource).
There are also lots of ideas, suggestions and encouragement at
electricquilt.com.
Enjoy!

Mary
Old April 26th 04, 04:48 PM
TinaHoak

CArol,
Did you work through any of the exercises that come in the 2 books
(they should have come with the software : "Getting started" and
"Design Cookbook" )

Tina
Brockport NY