Small happy dance

Old August 24th 03, 05:45 AM
Jalynne

Default Small happy dance

Only because the quilt's not finished yet, but when it is, oh boy oh boy will i be
happy dancing in a big way. I'm doing stippling/meandering for the first time. I've
gotten the hang of free motion quilting motifs drawn onto the quilt, but now i just
wanted to see if I could handle meandering. For about 15 to 20 minutes at a time,
it's great! I just have to remember to breathe. I'm doing a small hug for the lady
next door whose 10 year old dd just died last month, and wanted to get this done
relatively quickly. Generally speaking, I'm a hand quilter, so this would normally
take me a couple of months (having a small child and a busyish social life along with
homeschooling kinda cuts into the quilting time), and I really wanted her to have
this sooner than that. Anyway, I just had to share with someone. Thanks for being
here 24/7...LOL

--
Jalynne

Old August 24th 03, 01:13 PM
Mel Rimmer

In article , Jalynne
writes
Only because the quilt's not finished yet, but when it is, oh boy oh boy will i
be
happy dancing in a big way. I'm doing stippling/meandering for the first time.

I haven't tried that yet, but it's on my "to do" list. Can you post a
pic when you're finished?
--
Mel Rimmer
Old August 24th 03, 02:33 PM
Diana Curtis

MQ sure is a life saver when time is an issue, and just think, it can be
just as lovely as HQ when you get the knack. Way to go Jalynne, and be sure
to let us know when to do the Big Happy Dance with you!
Diana, dancing gently

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
.net...

Old August 24th 03, 08:34 PM
Jalynne

Of course I will. It should be done within the week, and I've got scheduled
maintenence on my website just after the 1st, so it'll be up then. I for one, can't
wait until it's finished...and then i'll get pix of it with it's new owner.

Mel, when you get around to it, the trick for me was to keep the machine going at a
medium, constant speed, and to move the quilt around so that the stitches weren't too
small or too big...and to start on a small quilt...like 18". The one I'm doing is a
bit bigger, but i have a big table, so it's going well. And breathe, in rhythm...oh
yeah, and music helps, too...LOL

--
Jalynne

"Mel Rimmer" wrote in message
In article , Jalynne
writes

Old August 25th 03, 11:21 AM
Mel Rimmer

In article . net,
Jalynne writes
Mel, when you get around to it, the trick for me was to keep the machine going
at a
medium, constant speed, and to move the quilt around so that the stitches
weren't too
small or too big...and to start on a small quilt...like 18". The one I'm doing
is a
bit bigger, but i have a big table, so it's going well. And breathe, in
rhythm...oh
yeah, and music helps, too...LOL

OK so now I have a mental image of myself MQing whilst wearing yellow
dishwashing gloves, bare feet, and singing along to "Bohemian Rhapsody".
It just gets better and better.
--
Mel Rimmer
Old August 25th 03, 06:17 PM
Jalynne

How did you know that's what I listened to??? Seriously!! Do you have a web cam set
up here to spy on me? For sewing in general, Bohemian Rhapsody is my favourite.
That and singing with some of the operas of Puccini...but that's another story
altogether. I'm thinking of trying to quilt with Les Miserables next. I feel most
comfortable sewing barefoot. The only thing I don't do is wear gloves. I keep the
feed dogs up instead, but hey, whatever works.

---
Jalynne

"Mel Rimmer" wrote in message
In article . net,
Jalynne writes

Happy dance Pat Lerch Needlework 1 March 16th 04 12:55 PM
Happy Dance - Finally! Ellice Needlework 2 December 18th 03 05:34 PM
Small Happy Dance Rachel Janzen Needlework 1 November 7th 03 04:20 PM
Small Happy Dance Bonnie Needlework 2 August 5th 03 12:46 PM
happy dance LN \(remove NOSPAM\) Quilting 0 July 10th 03 01:09 AM