What would you make with Sugar'n Cream?

Old April 6th 06, 09:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default What would you make with Sugar'n Cream?

I have 6 balls (720 yds) of Sugar'n Cream cotton yarn. I know it is usually
used for dishcloths but that is more dishcloths than I care to make! Any
ideas? Has anyone ever made a baby sweater out of it? How does it
wear/wash?

Thanks!

LauraJ

Old April 6th 06, 09:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Laura J wrote:
I have 6 balls (720 yds) of Sugar'n Cream cotton yarn. I know it is
usually used for dishcloths but that is more dishcloths than I care to
make! Any ideas? Has anyone ever made a baby sweater out of it? How
does it wear/wash?

Thanks!

LauraJ

I used it to make "toe cozies" when my leg was in a cast. I
made three of them in different colors of the yarn. (They
were like a big sock toe that fit over the cast). I put 'em
in a lingerie bag to wash them in the machine, but I've
forgotten whether I dried them in the dryer or laid them
flat...

I'm hoping I won't need them again!

Gina

--
Gina Bull
Network Systems
Old April 6th 06, 10:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I don't know.... I did make a sock out of a ball of
yellow/buttercup-ish color Sugar 'n' Cream, which turned out fairly
well. Note the fact that only one sock is mentioned! Another example of
my SSS(Second Sock Syndrome). I think I also have SSSS(Second Sweater
Section Syndrome), but that's irrelated to this.

Old April 6th 06, 11:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hi Laura!
It knits up nicely for a sweater, and it washes like a 'dishcloth', but it
takes forever to dry.
Make sure you knit and wash a swatch, or the babysweater will barely fit a
cabbage patch.

There were some patterns for totebags on the internet.
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/kkc-tote.html
http://www.straw.com/cpy/patterns/trio-knit-bag.html
http://www.sugarncream.com/pattern.php?PID=1133

And the Sugar'nCream site should has some patterns as well.
http://www.sugarncream.com/

Michaela (in Canada)

Old April 6th 06, 11:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I have made a tote bag and a clothespin holder (double strand) with
Sugar n' Cream. I have also seen it used for plastic bag holders as
well. Again, double stranded. I made placemats and scarves (doilies)
for my living room tables. I used a filet pattern to make those
scarves and it came out nice. You can check my photos to get an idea or
how they look.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/seasid.../ph//my_photos

You can google for those patterns that I have done if you are
interested, as I can find the book marks right now. Sorry

Diane

Old April 7th 06, 12:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Laura J" wrote in message
I have 6 balls (720 yds) of Sugar'n Cream cotton yarn. I know it is
usually used for dishcloths but that is more dishcloths than I care to
make! Any ideas? Has anyone ever made a baby sweater out of it? How does
it wear/wash?

Thanks!

LauraJ

If you have a favorite doily pattern, could use that with the sugar and
cream to make a rug.... I've also used chairsets the big part that goes on
the back of the chair for a rug pattern...turns out very nice....

I also use it to make pads for my swiffer...which is pretty darn easy, just
chain about 43 then sc in second stitch and continue across, ch1, turn and
repeat until large enough...

Shel

Old April 7th 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I have made hot pads. Here is one made the same way I make them.
They are thick and useful - I usually make them a bit bigger than this
one (chain about 45) but any size that you like is fine. I saw one
website where someone was saying that little ones are handy around the
microwave.
String bags are another option. This website has a pattern for members
(membership is free) and I suspect there are free ones elsewhere as
well.
http://www.sugarncream.com/pattern.php?PID=133

Old April 7th 06, 12:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Whoops -- link for the hot pads
http://members.aol.com/Sbaycgoa/patorig.htm

Curious to see this pattern copyrighted - seems like it is available in
a number of places.

Old April 7th 06, 02:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hi Laura,

I've made baby things like this hat and booties:
http://home.earthlink.net/~themargul...hatbooties.jpg

And this hat:
http://home.earthlink.net/~themargul...aranbucket.jpg

Take care,
Ellen
http://naturallycurly.blogspot.com

Old April 7th 06, 03:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Shel wrote:

I also use it to make pads for my swiffer...which is pretty darn easy, just
chain about 43 then sc in second stitch and continue across, ch1, turn and
repeat until large enough...

OH MAN Shel....as unfortunate as it sounds, I'm in love with my swiffer
and this is a cool idea. I have lots of cotton and am getting tired of
crocheting matts. Tomorrow...I'm making swiffer pads! See...you never
know when you'll have an idea that makes someone else's day. Thanks!
Pamjam

Shel