Waaay OT but fun news!

Old June 1st 10, 05:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

Default Waaay OT but fun news!

On May 26, 4:07*pm, "Olwyn.Mary" wrote:

Congratulations, Granny! *(Say goodbye to your wallet and your credit
card, heh, heh,)

It's already been smokin'! lolol

Sorry about the probs with your father, and isn't that always the way -
everyone in the hospital is always at least two city blocks away by th4e
time you navigate the entrances, elevators etc.

Hope that problem works out a well as the baby did.

Well, they did (thankfully!) send him to the rehab. He's looking
good, good color and, best of all, good attitude! No prognosis on
when he gets to go home but at least he's improving.

Thanks for all the well wishes, Olwyn Mary.

Joan
Old June 1st 10, 05:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On May 26, 6:23*pm, Nancy wrote:

Congrats Grandma!!! *Enjoy her. *

Thanks, I definitely will!

Glad your dad is on the mend.

Thanks for that, too. He's looking much better now.

Joan
Old June 1st 10, 05:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On May 26, 7:06*pm, "Lucille" wrote:

So Joan, are you Grandma or Nana, or what? * I know this spoiled beauty is
going to adore you and she needs to call you something.

I was talking about this with Sheena last week. I think I want to be
called Grandmama. I don't want to be Grandma Erickson (that's my
Ddeparted MIL), I heartily dislike Nana, and my mom is Grandma (or
Great Grandma). I'm guessing Dani's mom will be Grandma, but I
haven't asked her.

I hope your dad's recovery is swift and uneventful.

Thanks! It seems he's getting stronger every day. When the nurses
ask him if he wants to stop or continue, he usually says continue!
Yaay!

Joan
Old June 1st 10, 05:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On May 26, 8:10*pm, Trish Brown wrote:

Woooohoooo!!! What a gorgeous little girl, Joan! Hasn't she got the
sweetest little baby mouth?

Yes, it's just *tiny*! She's already starting to lose that lovely,
soft, soft head of hair.

Please give Addison a big kiss from Auntie Trisha and tell her 'Welcome!' from me.

Done!

Joan
Old June 1st 10, 05:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On May 26, 11:10*pm, Karen C - California wrote:
What a little cutie! * Congratulations, you old granny!

Thanks, but call me "Grandmama"!

*(I'm still 25, and there are no children to prove I'm lying.) *

Yeah, yeah, just turn those numbers around, Karen! lol

Joan
Old June 1st 10, 05:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On May 27, 5:36*am, bobbieviorritto wrote:
Congrats. Grandma!

Thanks!

DDil Irene will have a c-section July 9th due to severe Rheumatoid
Arthritis.

I'm hoping for the best for her!

So far I am enjoying the two boys during their visit.

I bet you are! I'm sure they're keeping you hopping!!! lol

Give Addison a Nonnie hug from me.

Done!

Joan
Old June 1st 10, 05:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On May 27, 6:13*am, "Ellice K." wrote:

Happy, happy new Grandma day! *Congrats, Joan, and glad that all is fine
with your DIL and new little darling. *Great name!

DS has made it known he doesn't like Addie, so she will be Addison.
We told him to expect something very different when she gets to
school! lol

Ouch - but glad to hear that your dad is healing now, and will have the time
and place for a good recuperation.

Yes, now that he's in the rehab, he's looking much better and is
determined to get home again. Yay!

Again, congrats!

Thanks a bunch, Ellice!

Joan
Old June 1st 10, 05:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On May 27, 7:25*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Hurrah hurrah hurrah!

Give her some love for me.

Thanks, Cheryl. Will do!

Joan
Old June 1st 10, 05:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On May 27, 9:31*am, Susan Hartman wrote:

Congratulations to all of you! What a wonderful event. You've been
"promoted" from DM to DGM! And I can imagine your mom is overjoyed to be
promoted to DGGM.

Thanks, Sue! Being a DGGM is old hat for her...Addison is her 12th,
with 2 more on the way!

Hugs for baby Addison and your DF.

Thanks!

As for size, it must be those hearty Scandinavian genes.

More likely the German! DH is half Swede, half German and I'm
nearly all German. Dani's dad is at least partly German but I'm not
sure what her mom is. One of these days I'll have to ask her about
her mom so I'll know just how much German Addison is! lol

Joan
Old June 1st 10, 05:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Olwyn.Mary

Joan E. wrote:

So Joan, are you Grandma or Nana, or what? I know this spoiled beauty is
going to adore you and she needs to call you something.

I was talking about this with Sheena last week. I think I want to be
called Grandmama. I don't want to be Grandma Erickson (that's my
Ddeparted MIL), I heartily dislike Nana, and my mom is Grandma (or
Great Grandma). I'm guessing Dani's mom will be Grandma, but I
haven't asked her.

Ask first!~ You never know. My grandmother insisted on being "Mama",
because she thought she was too young to be a grandma, and one of her
nieces, instructed to call her GM (my ggm)"grandmama" couldn't get her
tongue around it, so shortened it to "mama". Result - when my bros and
I got to be teenagers we just addressed gm as "Nellie" (her name).

I am grandma to my dd's kids, but in the neighborhood the little kids
couldn't pronounce my name properly, so I became "Grandma Olwyn". When
ds had kids, his mil, who lives close by, became "grandma", so I just
stuck with Grandma Olwyn.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans