Looking for help with crochet pattern

Old February 20th 09, 01:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Linda Lee

Default Looking for help with crochet pattern

This was posted in my 'webtv only' craft group and no one has been able
to help. The person is crocheting a house slipper using the dmensions
of her closed fist to make the pattern. Does anyone know how it is
done?
Any help is greatly appreciated and I will be sure to tell her where it
came from. Thank you so much.

Does Anyone Know this Pattern?

Group: alt.discuss.clubs.public.hobby.misc.snyderll Date: Thu, Feb 19,
2009, 6:34am (EST-3) From: (Inge)
Here is pattern
My fist measured 10" so first chain was 9" and width was 7".
-
LENGTH
-
Measure around fist. First chain measures lenght around fist minus 1".
Stitch is sc and in back loops only.
-
Width
-
Width equals measured length around fist minus 3"
-
Instep
-
Instep to toe equals folded length minus 3 to 6". Add 3 rows and close
instep with slip stitch.
-
I am stuck on the instep part. I know its probably simple but I am
drawing a blank. The person that gave me the pattern showed me how to
make them and it was easy and quick. They have moved and we lost
contact.
Can anyone figure out what to do on the instep part?? Any help will be
greatly appreciated.

Old February 20th 09, 05:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Linda !!
-

Measuring a closed fist as `the right size of one`s sock size was used
years ago !!!!
But i am sorry the description of shoe doesn`t ring any bells ,,,,
maybe she should look for a sock pattern ???
mirjam
Old February 22nd 09, 07:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Linda Lee

Default Looking for help with crochet patternMirjam

Thank you for the heads up on the socks suggestion. With that one of
the posters was able to find a slipper pattern with a turned down cuff
which is close to what she wanted. Thank you for everything.

Linda

Crochet Pattern Help, Please [email protected] Yarn 1 January 30th 08 08:45 AM
Looking for crochet pattern Cheryl[_2_] Needlework 2 October 1st 07 03:33 AM
Looking for crochet pattern Cheryl[_2_] Yarn 1 October 1st 07 12:40 AM
6x6 crochet pattern Stella Fenley Yarn 2 December 7th 04 04:01 AM
Can you suggest a crochet pattern? news.sonic.net Yarn 6 January 15th 04 09:30 PM