Att'n: Rose (Mainiac Rose)

Old April 18th 04, 05:16 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

Default Att'n: Rose (Mainiac Rose)

Rose,
I don't consider you a lurker, never have, so I'm wondering why you took
offense when none was meant?
You post all the time, and are a friend here!
I was referring to the people who NEVER post, just email for free patterns
(this has happened to me a LOT!)...
and, as a designer, I need to protect myself.
I would be very HAPPY to share the B-i-t-B Shawl pattern with YOU!
Noreen

--
http://www.mailermailer.com/x?oid=17981f
(to sign up for my NewsLetter!)
~ ~ ~
http://www.mblog.com/noreens_knitche
http://noreensknitche.weblogs.us/
~ ~ ~
http://www.hostultra.com/~knitche
http://www.sharemation.com/knitche
http://fire.prohosting.com/knitche
http://mail2office.tripod.com/noreensknitche
~ ~ ~
http://mail2office.tripod.com/musings
http://noreens-knitche.blogspot.com
~ ~ ~
change n e t to c o m to email me.
Old April 18th 04, 05:21 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 11:16:10 -0500, Noreen's Knit*che wrote:

Rose,
I don't consider you a lurker, never have, so I'm wondering why you took
offense when none was meant?
You post all the time, and are a friend here!
I was referring to the people who NEVER post, just email for free patterns
(this has happened to me a LOT!)...
and, as a designer, I need to protect myself.
I would be very HAPPY to share the B-i-t-B Shawl pattern with YOU!
Noreen

BTW, FYI... I've seen patterns designed by my AUNT, that I've shared
publicly now being spread all over the 'net.... even though I had a
copyright notice afixed.... and people are claiming them as their own.....
THAT's why I wish to do this offlist, and to FRIENDS.
Noreen

Old April 18th 04, 10:13 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Noreen,

Doesn't that make you want to spit? I know the feeling as I haven't said it
here before, but I've seen some of the free patterns that I gave to friends on
here, now up for sale. I know I gave them away to who I thought wanted them,
not realizing some would make a profit from them. Oh well, we both have lived
and learned.

Hugs,

Nora
Old April 19th 04, 04:19 AM
Gwendoline Kelly

Noreen and Nora this really is disgusting - to receive a pattern from a
friend is fine and appreciated but then to actually *sell* them is beyond
belief. God Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Old April 19th 04, 03:43 PM
enigma

Noreen's Knit*che wrote in
:

wrote:

Rose,
I don't consider you a lurker, never have, so I'm
wondering why you took offense when none was meant?
You post all the time, and are a friend here!
I was referring to the people who NEVER post, just email
for free patterns (this has happened to me a LOT!)...
and, as a designer, I need to protect myself.
I would be very HAPPY to share the B-i-t-B Shawl pattern
with YOU! Noreen

BTW, FYI... I've seen patterns designed by my AUNT, that
I've shared publicly now being spread all over the 'net....
even though I had a copyright notice afixed.... and people
are claiming them as their own..... THAT's why I wish to do
this offlist, and to FRIENDS.

yeah... Tom designed & made me a gorgeous bead & pearl
bracelet a couple years ago. i sent a photo to
beadwork.about.com for thier gallery. someone saw it & asked
Tom for the pattern, which he kindly gave them. next thing we
know she *published it* in a national magazine as *her*
pattern! so Tom hasn't really bothered doing any beading
since.
some people are just cheaters
lee who actually would like the BITB shawl pattern, please.
send to enigma at mv dot com oh, & i can't get your webmail
thing to accept my emails. any idea why?
Old April 22nd 04, 09:34 PM
Maine-iac Rose

Oh I don't want to sell this pattern to any1, I just like to have patterns
for my personal use, to make for myself or for a present for some1. And if
any1 will ask me for the pattern, I tell them to go look online first for
it, and if they can't find it for free, then I will tell them where they can
purchase it. Like in the quilting RCTQ NG, some1 asked how to make the 6
Hour quilt that Kaye Wood makes, well now it is an e-book for $6. I can
tell ppl how to do it, I saw the show on HGTV and taped it, but now where
she is selling that pattern, I can not go and give it away, even though I
got it for free back when. I give them a clue, but also tell them to go to
the web site and buy the pattern from her.
I'm now just getting back into the NG postings, but have to get them ones
that I looked at before, well for the past week, and found this post. I
have met ppl that take another for anything they can get, it has happened to
me, and when I figured out that they were just using me, I just stopped
being their friend, and watched them squirm because they didn't realize that
I was a good friend, but I got the best of them in the end. I may have lost
something to an acquaintance, but I got to be a bit wiser from them.

Maine-iac Rose
@---
remove the thorns and add a hyphen between the 2 words to email me.

Old April 23rd 04, 03:29 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Rose,

I agree with you too. A few years back I decided I didn't need or want my
patterns and the ones my Mom had so made a list, posted here that I had one and
I would send the list to anyone who asked. You would be surprised how many
first time gals came out of the woodwork so to speak and wanted them. I did
honor them as sometimes they were the only ones who asked for a certain
pattern. Since then on a couple of sites I've seen them listed for sale and I
can tell by the markings that they were mine. Oh well, next time if I have any,
I'll do it a little different.

Hugs,

Nora

The Starlia Rose part 2 Diana Curtis Beads 11 October 10th 04 05:27 PM
AD: New Peach Rose and Dog Page Kits, Fiber packets N More Spot Rubberstamps 0 June 13th 04 12:49 PM
AD: Mermaid & Rose Auction Ending starlia Beads 2 April 1st 04 02:33 AM
AD: Peace Rose starlia Beads 15 February 21st 04 03:51 PM
Anyone have both the Rose and Platinum 770? Eric Sanders Sewing 13 February 21st 04 01:29 AM