Way OF--I need a shoulder

Old August 2nd 03, 01:17 AM
Pat Porter

Default Way OF--I need a shoulder

Poor you - and poor dog. Mine had a bad tum this week - we kept her on
chicken and rice, and precious little of that - and she`s fine now. Still
on chicken and rice for a day or two as a precaution - luckily she
remembered about the newspaper on the floor from when she was REALLY tiny
(she`s only 8 months old now). Hope he`s better soon. Make sure he doesn`t
gwt dehydrated - you`ll know by his skin not springing back immediately if
you grab a handful of it.

Pat P.
"Lucille" wrote in message
I need just a small shoulder to cry on. My little dog has been sick for

the
past two weeks with a serious upset stomach, and all the mess that goes

with
it. I've been back and forth to the Vet 5 times, twice to see the doctor
and three times for different meds and foods. Fortunately my vet is just

very short distance so it's not too difficult for me to get there.

I'm reluctant to leave him alone just in case he has to go to the

bathroom
quickly and/or he has to throw up so I've been stuck in for most of this
time and I'm going slightly stir crazy. And, of course, I'm feeling

really
sorry for him. The Vet seems to think this problem will resolve itself

soon
and I sure hope he's right.

Lucille
.

Old August 2nd 03, 02:20 AM
Lucille

They gave him subcutaneous IV using something like Pediolite last weekend
to avoid dehydration and, of course, that wasn't a happy experience for him
but it did keep him hydrated and assured that I wouldn't have to rush off to
the emergency room in the middle of the night. He's also eating a special
food for Irritable Bowel and although he doesn't seem to like it much he's
actually eating a little better now, so maybe he's on the road to recovery.
We're trying to keep on top of the situation and I hope the meds and special
food will clear up whatever the problem is. Otherwise, there are stronger
meds that he can be given and/or expensive tests that can be done to
pinpoint the exact cause.

Thanks for all the good thoughts.

Lucille

Old August 2nd 03, 03:45 AM
Bonnie

I know how you feel. Our dogs have always been our "children" and it's
really tough when they are sick because they can't tell you what is wrong.
I hope everything improves soon!

Bonnie

Old August 2nd 03, 08:37 AM
kirby19711

We have 3 dogs - a westie, a scottie and a half scottie mix who looks
like a miniature wolf. Our scottie mix has been sick for the last few
days but is feeling better now. He's my husband's dog of 11 years but
comes and sits on my feet when he's sick. The worst we've ever had
was when we first got the two "little ones". It took months to find
the right food and then the westie got really sick. They're fine now
and spoiled rotten! I hope your dog will be better soon.

Anne
Old August 2nd 03, 07:15 PM
Norma

On 8/1/03 9:20 PM,"Lucille" posted:

[...]

Sure hope he's on the mend now. Give him a cuddle from me. And a little

one for his Mom, too.
--
Star love,
Norma ;-)

Old August 3rd 03, 04:30 PM
Boohoo1971

I need just a small shoulder to cry on. My little dog has been sick for the
past two weeks with a serious upset stomach, and all the mess that goes with
it. I've been back and forth to the Vet 5 times, twice to see the doctor
and three times for different meds and foods. Fortunately my vet is just a
very short distance so it's not too difficult for me to get there.

I'm reluctant to leave him alone just in case he has to go to the bathroom
quickly and/or he has to throw up so I've been stuck in for most of this
time and I'm going slightly stir crazy. And, of course, I'm feeling really
sorry for him. The Vet seems to think this problem will resolve itself soon
and I sure hope he's right.

Lucille

I hope by how your four footed baby is better. Sick pets and sick two footed
babies are so frustrating to care for. Neither can say what hurts. My
thoughts are with you. Just hang in there. Boo, formally a "mama" to both
Silky Terriers and Ausstralian Terriers.

Old August 3rd 03, 07:06 PM
Pat Porter

IMO Vets. are much more clever than doctors! THEIR patients can`t tell them
where it hurts!

Pat P.