Smocking

Old December 7th 06, 08:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
beckysis1

Default Smocking

I just answered an ad from a woman who is looking for someone to help
her do smocking. I can either (using her material) do the basic
construction of the garment, smock it and send it back to her, or I can
complete the entire dress. My question is how much do I charge for
either way I decide to do it? I've been smocking since the 1980's, but
have never done it for profit, so I have no idea how much to charge.
Any help appreciated!
Thanks,
Becky Sawyer

Old December 8th 06, 02:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
BEI Design

beckysis1 wrote:
I just answered an ad from a woman who is looking for
someone to help her do smocking. I can either (using her
material) do the basic construction of the garment, smock
it and send it back to her, or I can complete the entire
dress. My question is how much do I charge for either
way I decide to do it? I've been smocking since the
1980's, but have never done it for profit, so I have no
idea how much to charge. Any help appreciated!
Thanks,
Becky Sawyer

What do you pay your hairdresser "per hour"? I have read on
other groups that sewist just starting out can base their hourly
rate on what the going rate is in their locality for salon hair
care. Do you have a log of your time on other projects, so that
you can provide an estimate?

Beverly