Another of Pat's Geometrical quilts is finished.

Old June 28th 08, 01:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tutu Haynes-Smart

Default Another of Pat's Geometrical quilts is finished.

I put a couple of pictures of my Baravelle Spiral up on webshots. It was a
lot of fun to make - what clear patterns:-) Thanks Pat!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/tutuhs

--
Cheers for now
Tutu

Old June 28th 08, 01:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

How beautiful. Your spiral reminds me of the waves rolling in at Destin
Florida when dawn is just coming awake. Polly

Old June 28th 08, 01:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia Altshuler

Tutu Haynes-Smart wrote:
I put a couple of pictures of my Baravelle Spiral up on webshots. It was a
lot of fun to make - what clear patterns:-) Thanks Pat!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/tutuhs

The back and front are confused. The spiral is pretty and all, but it's
predictable. I'd look at it for a few seconds and move on. The other
is spectacular. It's shaded; it's complex; it's interesting. Even as I
write this, I keep being compelled to go back to it and look some more.
Put the sleeve on the spiral side.

--Lia

Old June 28th 08, 01:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Thanks Tutu. It's really lovely.
It'll go into my gallery!
So glad everything worked well.
..
In message , Tutu Haynes-Smart
writes
I put a couple of pictures of my Baravelle Spiral up on webshots. It was a
lot of fun to make - what clear patterns:-) Thanks Pat!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/tutuhs

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old June 28th 08, 02:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Wow! In those colors, it reminded me immediately of that Japanese print with
the huge wave and the tiny boat, Mount Fuji in the distance IIRC. The back
looks much more complicated than the front -good use of scraps!
Roberta in D

Old June 28th 08, 02:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

That's lovely Tutu - I do like the way your colour placement really
makes the 'wave' roll along.

I actually have a bookmark in the Baravelle Spiral page, and now know
what a 'fractal' is! So, Pat, your book is actually teaching me maths!!

Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk

- back after a spell with intermittant computer use due to
installation of a new computer by DH ("don't rush me!")having to read
for a bit in Google, and now trying to master Vista, everything being
set up differently and Paintshop Pro being unable to Import pictures
from the Web - ah well.....! At least I've now got my Mozilla
Thunderbird back - DH: "I don't know what that is". He does now!

Old June 28th 08, 02:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

You'll get hooked on fractals, Sally!
They're so beautiful - in certain forms.

I've missed you.
..
In message , Sally Swindells
writes

Old June 28th 08, 03:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
lyn5

On Jun 28, 7:05*am, "Tutu Haynes-Smart" wrote:
I *put a couple of pictures of my Baravelle Spiral up on webshots. It was a
lot of fun to make - what clear patterns:-) Thanks Pat!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/tutuhs

--
Cheers for now
Tutu
Cape Town, South Africa

Beautiful Tutu!!!
Lyncoutsess
Old June 28th 08, 04:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati C.

Looks wonderful Tutu. Love the back too.

Pati, in Phx