My new entry

Old June 27th 08, 02:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Default My new entry

Here is a look at a new cabinet that I made out of leftover pieces of
Cherry that I had from various projects. Measurements are; 12" wide x
18" deep x 24" tall. It is my entry into the Cutest Cabinet in the
World Competition, Munchkin Division.:) I realized I had enough wood
left over, from previous projects, to do something, that might make
for an interesting piece of woodworking. Here is the result. It's
purpose is as a rolling cabinet that can be positioned near various
sewing machine areas to provide space to use for placing ancillary
sewing notions during the sewing process. It is also made to house a
spare sewing machine and thereby provide "ballast" to an otherwise
tipsy design, that is tall and narrow. All Cherry with Poplar drawer
sides and back.

Enjoy,

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...00692635REaoub

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...00692635tVYjIb

John

Old June 27th 08, 03:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Oh it's so beautiful, John - and useful. I love things small.
What a good idea (if one has the ability!) to use up leftovers, rather
than create a growing pile in the garage g
Seeing the little construction details (like those exquisite dovetails)
is a bonus.
..
In message
,
John writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old June 27th 08, 03:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Fun fun fun! Will you put something on the top when using it so your
notions don't slide off or scratch it? It's so beautifully finished that I
doubt a pair of scissors could hold on! Do they make the material that
mouse pads are made of in a size that would fit the top? You could keep it
inside the cabinet except when using it so you could enjoy the lovely top
otherwise. I know, I know....you could fix it or refinish it when ever you
needed to. The rest of us have to protect beautiful finishes such as that.
Congratulations...it's a beautiful "scrap" project.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old June 27th 08, 03:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Jun 27, 10:26*am, "Roberta Zollner" wrote:
Cute indeed! No inlays?
Roberta in D

"John" schrieb im ...

[...]

No Inlays. It will spend most of it's life beneath a sewing table, and
inlays, would be lost.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...00692635SoFGRe

The next thing is a new sewing table/cabinet with inlays. This one
will be a stand alone unit and more appropriate for inlaying. The
hits just keep on coming.

John
Old June 27th 08, 03:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

remove "nospam" before mchsihttp://community.webshots.com/user/kathylquiltz"John" wrote in message

[...]

I have a number of trivets made from quilting material, that I have
sewn some of that rubber shelf liner to the back and that stops them
from sliding around. It works for me and provides a cushioned area to
lay the notions on. There is a pull out drawer slide just beneath the
top of the cabinet sort of like a cutting board that is in some
kitchen cabinets. I won't be cutting on it directly, but it will get
some use and then can be slid away out of sight, to hide any
scratches. I also have a couple of black mouse pads that will do that
sort of duty if necessary.

John

Old June 27th 08, 05:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

John, that's just too cute. I can think of several places in my house
where it would look perfect! But next time you have scrap wood, you
should make a wood quilt. Maybe a nice eight point star. Or log cabin.
Or just a nice rail fence. Or you could just make one of those
munchkin chests for me!

Sunny

Old June 27th 08, 06:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Jun 27, 12:24*pm, Sunny wrote:
John, that's just too cute. I can think of several places in my house
where it would look perfect! But next time you have scrap wood, you
should make a wood quilt. Maybe a nice eight point star. Or log cabin.
Or just a nice rail fence. Or you could just make one of those
munchkin chests for me!

Sunny

Wood Quilt. Hmm. Let me think about that. There are definite
possibilities there. At least it would lay flat against the wall if
you hung it up for display.

John
Old June 27th 08, 07:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

.....and wouldn't need a sleeve! Your little cabinet is great.
Your work is a joy to see. Thanks for sharing.
Taria

John wrote:

Wood Quilt. Hmm. Let me think about that. There are definite
possibilities there. At least it would lay flat against the wall if
you hung it up for display.

John

Finished Challenge Entry Sunny[_2_] Quilting 6 March 18th 08 03:05 PM
Mystery Fabric entry done!!! marbles_2 Quilting 3 July 16th 05 11:51 PM
OT - updating my directory entry? Johanna Gibson Quilting 2 October 25th 04 10:43 PM
Entry Door Insert Roger Jensen Glass 24 May 21st 04 11:10 PM
Entry door again? Roger Jensen Glass 21 May 15th 04 01:53 PM