DID IT!!!!!

Old June 29th 08, 04:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Default DID IT!!!!!

FINISHED

Knitting that 25" x 9 "panel. Can't do anything with it now until I can:
bend over the bed, take measurements, and play with the lay-out. do the
blocking (May need to 'stretch' a block a bit and then I'll start sewing it
together (With yarn--ladder stitch. don't want to crochet it together as
there are too many diff sizes. Then I can say "Another UFO DONE DONE DONE
: ) : ) : )

WWWHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I won't tell you how many times I ripped rows out as they just didn't 'lay'
right. had a LOT of cables, interwoven cables, LT, RT (left/right twist),
and CB, CF (Cable back/front) so I had 2 distinct patterns, middle cables
section and then the first 2 patterns again-only backwards : )

BUT!

I DID IT and it looks nice and I need to block it and I'm glad its done
done done. Enjoyed the challenge of it and I KNOW I CAN KNIT but must limit
my time and no 2 days in a row and and and

YES!

To keep it ON T , the pattern calls for sewing each panel to a piece of
fabric and then sewing those together. I don't think so as this is heavy
enuf WITHOUT the extra added to it. SO sometime this week, I shall start
blocking each panel. Should be done by the end of summer.

Butterfly (YAY!)

Old June 29th 08, 05:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Congratulations! You know, you finish a lot more stuff going at your own
pace than lots of other people who "don't have time" or whatever their
excuse is :-)
And we'd like a picture!
Roberta in D

Old June 29th 08, 05:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_4_]

Finished is good. Sometimes it it a struggle to get there, but always
worth it in the end!

-Irene

Old June 29th 08, 06:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Well done Butterfly. Sounds good with all those intricate stitch
patterns.
..
In message , Butterflywings
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old June 29th 08, 07:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Holy cow. Sounds intricate. You're a woman of many talents!

Ginger in CA

Old June 29th 08, 07:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

Congrats, Butterfly! You are a wonder.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

Old June 29th 08, 08:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

After it's blocked......MUST show off the detail in the middle of this one.
Just don't look too closely at the one outer edge as I couldn't seem to get
it 'right' and I got tired of unknitting it. You'll see where I finally
figured it out and finished correctly.

It should be ready by the end of this week. remind me on Thurs.

Butterfly (Think it is worth showing off.cause it was the most challenging
of them all)

"Roberta Zollner" wrote in message
[...]

: )

Old June 29th 08, 08:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

One of these days, I wil go from "Jack of all Trades, Master of None, to
Maistress of a FEW "

Butterfly (one must have a goal in mind --however unobtainable--just don't
tell me that part)

Old June 29th 08, 08:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Thanks

Butterfly (but I still put mah slacks on one leg at a time --Inside joke
with my dad)

m...