You asked for pictures

Old June 27th 08, 12:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AuntK

Default binding choices?

On Jun 27, 7:45*am, "Anna Belle" wrote:
I sort of like the red idea.
Anna Belle

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 22:28:41 -0500, "Polly Esther"

wrote:
Does binding really matter? *I can bind this quilt with the green wavy grass
print. *It won't show but it really will give a nice finish. *Or - I can
bind it in red. *Does binding really matter except we can't leave batting
and backing out loose? *Any thoughts? *Polly- Hide quoted text -

Polly,
As many have said before me - absolutely stunning! And Louise's
quilting certainly does make it 'sing'. I think either binding choice
would work. Red to continue with the 'pop' or green for maybe some
'calm'. But I don't think you do 'calm' often, do you? Beautiful
work ladies - kudos to you both. I'm very envious of your talents.
Just what I aspire to!

Kim in NJ
Old June 27th 08, 01:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
allisonh

Default You asked for pictures

Way cool quilt!!!!
Allison

Polly Esther wrote:
We've had terrible storms and this may be a duplicate post.

If 'pride goeth before a fall', I am about to break my neck. The quilt I
made for DH is now safely quilted and home and it's a Knock your Socks off
beauty.
The quilt began as a Christmas quilt from Fons & Porter '05. Naturally,
I couldn't leave well enough alone so there's some hot pink polka dots and a
dash of purple tossed in.
When my sweetheart of nearly 60 years saw it, he teared up and said, "I
wish my Mama could see this". A man of few words, that's as great as praise
ever gets.
Our own Louise Nieland quilted it and I can't wait for you to see her
join hand and heart with me to create a masterpiece. Oh my. You can
celebrate with us. Go to http://community.webshots.com/user/louiseiniowa
and it's the first one, 2008 quilts. Happy Polly ...off to look for a neck
brace

Old June 27th 08, 01:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Indeed we did, and you should have warned us to make sure we were sitting
down. Pictures! A big thanks to Louise for a wonderful treat. It is truly
lovely, you are right to be proud. (Knocking socks off is one good way to
trip and fall! Be careful out there!)
I do love those little zots of color, and Louise did a fabulous job. It says
Noel, but it works for any time of year.
So does somebody else have to do your quilting in order for us to get a
peek? Although it was a real pleasure to look at the rest of the quilts on
Louise's site.
Roberta in D

Old June 27th 08, 01:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Those Norwegian types don't talk much either. If your DH had been one,
that's what he would have said. It's an all-purpose phrase, but as far as I
can tell, it means, "Well now I opened my mouth and now I'm in over my head
because words fail me!"
Roberta in D

"Polly Esther" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Aside to Louise, I think Val's "uff da" is Viking for 'pretty good'. Not
real sure. There are very few gator Vikings here in the Swamp. Vikings
are hard to catch and rather chewy. Polly

"Val" wrote in message
Uff Da!!

Val

Old June 27th 08, 01:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

It makes a teensy little frame. I like red. Or maybe a nice deep charcoal.
Roberta in D

"Polly Esther" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Does binding really matter? I can bind this quilt with the green wavy
grass print. It won't show but it really will give a nice finish. Or - I
can bind it in red. Does binding really matter except we can't leave
batting and backing out loose? Any thoughts? Polly

"Donna in NE La." wrote in message
. ..
Polly, that quilt is absolutely gorgeous!! And Louise's quilting sets it
off to a tee!!

--
Donna in NE La.

Old June 27th 08, 02:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

What a very interesting suggestion, Roberta. Red or green would be pretty
but charcoal may be the answer. I walked in the living room where the quilt
is quietly waiting (along with armed guards, of course) and pondered the
idea. That just might be the one. Polly

Old June 27th 08, 02:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

I think I like the green grass better than the red; but had you
considered yellow? Might work?
..
In message , Polly Esther
writes
Does binding really matter? I can bind this quilt with the green wavy grass
print. It won't show but it really will give a nice finish. Or - I can
bind it in red. Does binding really matter except we can't leave batting
and backing out loose? Any thoughts? Polly

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old June 27th 08, 02:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Oh my! That DID knock off my socks! If it wasn't so special to your sweet
pea, I'd try to beg it, but that would be too tacky, so I won't. I like how
you added some unconventional colors and fabric styles on a Christmas quilt.
I also congratulate Louise on the quilting. So, I'm dancing to that Brenda
Lee song ..... "Rock Around the Christmas Tree!"

--
Pat in Virginia

Old June 27th 08, 02:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

So, you use quilts instead of orthopedic docs to heal breaks? Way to go,
Irene!

--
Pat
"IMS" wrote in message
Oh, my, Polly. That is just stunning. It takes my break away.

-Irene

...cut...You can

Old June 27th 08, 03:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jane Zoerb

Polly
Wow love the colors. Quilt has a joy to it. Love it!!!!

--
Jane http://windigothreads.shutterfly.com