Rotary blades are sharp

Old February 6th 07, 08:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Default Rotary blades are sharp

Well, DUH!! This is a public service announcement. When
you are handling your rotary cutter, please remember
that the blade is sharp. This is true even if you are
using a circle cutter with teeny tiny blades. Those
cute little blades are capable of cutting at least two
fingers!! So, be careful. Now ... back to our regularly
scheduled quilting.
PAT in Virginia
PS: The typing is messy because of the band-aids on two
fingers of my left hand.
Old February 6th 07, 08:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers

ow! I managed to nick my foot slightly with a rotary cutter not long ago!

Anne

Old February 6th 07, 08:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
~KK in BC~

: PAT in Virginia
: PS: The typing is messy because of the band-aids on two
: fingers of my left hand.

Does this mean we need to post warnings at least once a day for some of us
who have rotary cutter incompatible days??? LOL

Sowwy to hear you gots a owies. Cyber kisses to make it better. Now learn to
us the other hand !!!

~KK in BC~

aka: ApplesSauce
http://www.myspace.com/canadaapples

Old February 6th 07, 08:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
frood

You really ought to try holding it with your hand, instead of your foot.
You get better accuracy that way. ;-)

Wendy

Old February 6th 07, 08:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Ouch!
Hope you heal soonest.
..
In message , Pat in Virginia
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old February 6th 07, 09:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny

Ouch! Don't even want to think about it. But I will tell you that
scissors are sharp too and if you drop them and they fall just right,
they will stick into one of your little toes. This, of course, is
something I read from a book one time and not a t hing that happened
to me last summer when I was barefoot and caused great laughter and
mirth on the part of my rude, rude sons.

BTW -- if you use Neosporin on the cuts on your f ingers they will
heal faster and you won't get an infection.

Sunny

Old February 6th 07, 09:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Feb 6, 3:05 pm, Pat in Virginia wrote:
Well, DUH!! This is a public service announcement. When
you are handling your rotary cutter, please remember
that the blade is sharp. This is true even if you are
using a circle cutter with teeny tiny blades. Those
cute little blades are capable of cutting at least two
fingers!! So, be careful. Now ... back to our regularly
scheduled quilting.
PAT in Virginia
PS: The typing is messy because of the band-aids on two
fingers of my left hand.

I am reminded of my mother who managed to sew a stitch in her index
finger with a Singer treadle machine, when I was a young lad. I never
knew my mother new those words until that time.

John

Old February 6th 07, 10:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Pat, do we dare ask when you last had a tetanus shot and if you know where
your rotary blade has been? Pollly

Old February 6th 07, 10:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
witchystitcher

And I managed to cut off a few inches of hair leaning over the fabric
a few years back.

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 12:37:28 -0800, "Anne Rogers"
wrote:

ow! I managed to nick my foot slightly with a rotary cutter not long ago!

Linda
PATCHogue, NY
Old February 6th 07, 10:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Well, the good news is you shouldn't be doing dishes until they heal.
Why is it that blades are sharp against our skin but always seem
dull on fabric?
Thanks for the warning.
Be careful, Taria

Pat in Virginia wrote:
Well, DUH!! This is a public service announcement. When you are handling
your rotary cutter, please remember that the blade is sharp. This is
true even if you are using a circle cutter with teeny tiny blades. Those
cute little blades are capable of cutting at least two fingers!! So, be
careful. Now ... back to our regularly scheduled quilting.
PAT in Virginia
PS: The typing is messy because of the band-aids on two fingers of my
left hand.

rotary cutter blades Christina in Ok Quilting 37 April 30th 05 04:47 AM
rotary cutter blades Becky Quilting 2 May 6th 04 09:37 AM
Rotary Pinking Blades and Mats Derek Hartmann Quilting 3 January 2nd 04 01:23 PM
Pinking Shears or Rotary Pinking Blades Derek Hartmann Quilting 0 December 29th 03 04:23 PM
Just a Reminder about sharp rotary blades QuiltShopHopper Quilting 12 November 8th 03 01:25 AM