Is my sewing machine possessed by evil spirits?

Old February 4th 07, 06:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Default Is my sewing machine possessed by evil spirits?

Are you keeping it oiled and having it serviced regularly? That should
help it run smoother.
Taria

Sunny wrote:

My Janome does the same thing.... not often just at random and totally
unexpected times. Also, the foot will come loose and jiggle off if I
don't tighten it up evry little bit. I'm pretty sure my machine
vibrates more than most and I don't know why. I mostly try to remember
to reach up and tighten the foot screw and the needle screw both every
so often.

Sunny

Old February 4th 07, 07:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati Cook

Leslie, I have this happen occasionally. I used to just really make
sure the needle screw was tight, using the screwdriver to tighten the
needle screw. But----*This is a very bad idea*. If you tighten the
needle screw too much it forces the needle off straight and can damage
your machine. My tech says that the needle screw should be "finger
tight plus a scant bit more with the screwdriver." You are right about
the walking foot (or any other foot that uses the needle screw bar to
coordinate the needle and foot) can loosen the needle.
Best thing to do is to make a habit of checking the needle screw (and
make sure the needle is all the way "up" in place) frequently. G
It usually happens when I am sewing along fairly fast too. sigh. I
happens a lot when using a ruffler too... usually in the middle of a
yards long ruffle. G

You might also try setting the machine on something to help dampen the
vibrations. Even a piece of the "rubber" shelf liner mesh helps some.

Pati, in Phx

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. wrote:

Frequently, when I use my walking foot, the screw that holds the
sewing machine needle in place will loosen and my needle falls out
while I am sewing. Okay, I blamed that on the little lever that goes
up and down on top of the needle screw and the lever somehow loosened
the screw. But now I'm doing a buttonhole stitch around fused
appliques and the darn screw loosened again and the needle fell out-
again! Do all sewing machines do this? Do all Janomes do this? Or
is my machine possessed by evil spirits???

Leslie & The Furbabies with 6 in. of beautiful powdery snow in MO.

Old February 5th 07, 05:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lisa

On Feb 4, 10:44 am, "Leslie & The Furbabies in MO."
wrote:
Frequently, when I use my walking foot, the screw that holds the
sewing machine needle in place will loosen and my needle falls out
while I am sewing. Okay, I blamed that on the little lever that goes
up and down on top of the needle screw and the lever somehow loosened
the screw. But now I'm doing a buttonhole stitch around fused

You could try using a small amount of loctite on the threads of the
screw. Make sure you get the one that is removable (I *think* blue is
removable and red is permanent). It will help the screw stay in until
you want to remove it. You would find it in the hardware section.

Lisa

Old February 5th 07, 08:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Gee, Wendy/Frood works much cheaper than Kathy A. for the sm
exorcism. Wonder how I go about comparing the quality of their work?
hmmmmmmm...... I'll need to see both of your resumes and reference
letters from your former clients and..... LOL

Leslie (wishing the lottery or Publisher's Clearing House would send
me a LARGE check to cover the cost of that lust-inspiring sewing
machine.....) & The Furbabies in MO.

On Feb 4, 10:57 am, "Kathy Applebaum"
wrote:
"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in ooglegroups.com...

Do all sewing machines do this?

no

Do all Janomes do this?

no

Or
is my machine possessed by evil spirits???

Yes. If you send me half your stash, I will perform an exorcism for you. ;-)

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old February 5th 07, 09:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathy Applebaum

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message
ps.com...
Gee, Wendy/Frood works much cheaper than Kathy A. for the sm
exorcism. Wonder how I go about comparing the quality of their work?
hmmmmmmm...... I'll need to see both of your resumes and reference
letters from your former clients and..... LOL

You get what you pay for... ;-P

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

http://fabrictramp.typepad.com/fabric_tramping/
remove the obvious to reply

Old February 5th 07, 10:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
frood

Hey! I have thousands... erm.. hundreds... or maybe even ones of
satisfied customers!

Wendy

Old February 6th 07, 01:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

What a clever idea, Lisa! Next time I use the walking foot that comes
loose, I'm going to try it.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

ps.com...