Is my sewing machine possessed by evil spirits?

Old February 4th 07, 03:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Default Is my sewing machine possessed by evil spirits?

Frequently, when I use my walking foot, the screw that holds the
sewing machine needle in place will loosen and my needle falls out
while I am sewing. Okay, I blamed that on the little lever that goes
up and down on top of the needle screw and the lever somehow loosened
the screw. But now I'm doing a buttonhole stitch around fused
appliques and the darn screw loosened again and the needle fell out-
again! Do all sewing machines do this? Do all Janomes do this? Or
is my machine possessed by evil spirits???

Leslie & The Furbabies with 6 in. of beautiful powdery snow in MO.

Old February 4th 07, 03:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
frood

Yes, your machine is indeed possessed. You need to perform the correct
ritual with cloth and rotary cutter to dispel the evil spirits. If you
do not know the correct ritual, send me a FQ and I'll be happy to
perform it for you.

Wendy

Old February 4th 07, 04:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Sometimes my Brother 1500 has a tough time keeping the walking foot
screw in tight. I assume it is all the vibration from the foot.
I've not had a problem with machines loosing the needle though.
As I say about my Brother "it is no Bernina". There is a huge
difference in the quality of the machines. Maybe your needle
holder screw has been stripped over time. If it is just that
stitch though maybe there is some other explanation.
I doubt your machine is possessed by evil spirits but you
might need to exorcise the demons out of it if it is.
Maybe it is time to get that machine you are lusting after?
Taria

Old February 4th 07, 04:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 09:44:04 -0600, Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. wrote
(in article .com):

Frequently, when I use my walking foot, the screw that holds the
sewing machine needle in place will loosen and my needle falls out
while I am sewing. Okay, I blamed that on the little lever that goes
up and down on top of the needle screw and the lever somehow loosened
the screw. But now I'm doing a buttonhole stitch around fused
appliques and the darn screw loosened again and the needle fell out-
again! Do all sewing machines do this? Do all Janomes do this? Or
is my machine possessed by evil spirits???

Leslie & The Furbabies with 6 in. of beautiful powdery snow in MO.

I have that problem every once in a while. Usually, I just haven't tightened
the screw enough. I guess there is a little screwdriver for that screw
included in the accessory box for a reason.

Maureen

Old February 4th 07, 04:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Did you hand-tighten the screw, Leslie, or use the screwdriver?
I used to hope hand-tightening would be enough for the needle and the
foot, with mine; but I had a couple of loosening incidents, so now I use
both screwdrivers every time.
That might not be it, of course, but that's what I would try first.
..
In message .com,
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old February 4th 07, 04:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathy Applebaum

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message
oups.com...
Do all sewing machines do this?

no

Do all Janomes do this?

no

Or
is my machine possessed by evil spirits???

Yes. If you send me half your stash, I will perform an exorcism for you. ;-)

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

http://fabrictramp.typepad.com/fabric_tramping/
remove the obvious to reply

Old February 4th 07, 05:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Boca Jan

My Janome has never done that, but I periodically do the mystic spell to
keep my machine running smoothly and efficiently. If you want the spell, you
can send me 7 (magic number) and I will send you the spell. If you send me
14 (magic number doubled) I will include you in my spell every time!

LOL

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes

Old February 4th 07, 05:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

That has happened with my Elna when using the walking foot. I've decided
that I need to check the needle screw periodically when quilting. I did
ask at the dealer about it; they suggested making sure the needle screw
is tightened securely, using the screw driver if necessary.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old February 4th 07, 06:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny

My Janome does the same thing.... not often just at random and totally
unexpected times. Also, the foot will come loose and jiggle off if I
don't tighten it up evry little bit. I'm pretty sure my machine
vibrates more than most and I don't know why. I mostly try to remember
to reach up and tighten the foot screw and the needle screw both every
so often.

Sunny