to Ron Anderson

Old July 1st 05, 06:32 PM
Linda Sweigart

Default to Ron Anderson

"I do not wish to debate with you. I can tell you I have forgotten more
about
sewing machines than you will ever know."

Referring to your quote, I have a question about Singer featherweights. I
know they were manufactured in the standard black, white, and light green.
I've also seen a couple ruby-red ones. Did they come in that color or were
they custom painted?

Linda

Old July 1st 05, 07:44 PM
Taria

I'm not Ron but can tell you they are custom painted. The white and
green are the same and there were some tan ones too.
Taria

Old July 1st 05, 09:50 PM
Kate Dicey

Taria wrote:
I'm not Ron but can tell you they are custom painted. The white and
green are the same and there were some tan ones too.
Taria

Featherweights originally came only in black. Later Singer added the
'white' ones - a pale celery-ish greenish white, and the tan ones. All
other colours are respray jobs.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old July 2nd 05, 02:56 PM
Ron Anderson

Those were custom painted. If you want to know more about Featherwieghts
than you thought you ever could pick up a copy of Nancy Johnson-Srebo's book
"Featherweight 221 the perfect portable" it is a wealth of info on the
Featherweight machines.

--
Ron Anderson
A1 Sewing Machine

Old July 2nd 05, 04:52 PM
BEI Design

"Ron Anderson" wrote in message
m...
Those were custom painted. If you want to know more about
Featherwieghts than you thought you ever could pick up a copy of
Nancy Johnson-Srebo's book "Featherweight 221 the perfect portable"
it is a wealth of info on the Featherweight machines.

Ron, you're a gem! Please don't let "She who..." drive you away from
the sewing groups. ;-)

--
Beverly
delete nospam and .invalid to reply

Old July 2nd 05, 05:26 PM
Sally Holmes

Anyone know the URL for the painted Featherweights? I think the painter's
his last name was Holmes but I can't find the site using Google.

Sally

Old July 2nd 05, 06:10 PM
Taria

http://home.cablelynx.com/~rambo2/Colors/index.htm

Sally Holmes wrote:
Anyone know the URL for the painted Featherweights? I think the painter's
his last name was Holmes but I can't find the site using Google.

Sally

Alex Anderson This Morning Joan8904 Quilting 28 April 12th 04 03:00 PM
Alex Anderson Joan8904 Quilting 0 April 10th 04 08:58 PM
Alex Anderson coming to AZ Sk8eraunt Quilting 33 March 14th 04 11:39 PM
AD: eBay Auction ... KILN FIRED GLASS - HC 1970 W/DJ - HARRIETTE ANDERSON bookman Glass 0 August 4th 03 12:01 PM