Shana Tova - Happy New Jewish Year 5767

Old September 26th 06, 02:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille

Default Shana Tova - Happy New Jewish Year 5767

"Dr. Brat" wrote in message
. ..
Lucille wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

One other thing I have found fascinating about this thread...Sheena did
not jump in to defend "Poor Karen" as she would have the moment I said
anything like what Elizabeth said.

The difference being that I don't make a career out of picking on Karen
for apparently no reason.

I'm really sorry you have had a headache for 4 months, but being nasty
won't make it better.

Apparently you're still looking for a fight and feeling sorry for
yourself at the same time.

You're still nasty and just too ready for a fight.

Awww, c'mon, Lucille! You expected Caryn to give up a chance to take a
shot at me, Karen, and Sheena all at once? Please. And here you go
ruining her chance to get away with it, by putting her post where I can
see it.

I gotta say, I find this place much more pleasant when I can't see her!

Elizabeth
The most important thing one woman can do for another is to illuminate and
expand her sense of actual possibilities. --Adrienne Rich
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I might not have gotten so ****ed if she didn't choose some of the people I
admire the most. Maybe she'll go away again and think it over and then come
back without the "poor me" attitude.

I doubt that will happen, but a person can try.

Old September 26th 06, 03:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
mickey

Default OT: Migraine was Shana Tova - Happy New Jewish Year 5767

wrote:
ellice wrote:
On 9/25/06 10:58 AM, "Brenda Lewis" wrote:

wrote:
I find this one highly irritating
currently because I have had a migraine since June 1st. I mean it's
constant and daily. I have missed 3 days of work because of it, two
because a doctor tried to break it by keeping me more or less asleep
for two solid days. One of my higher ups keeps urging me to consider
disability, because my pain is obvious to everybody, and I won't.
OMG! Almost 4 months of a migraine?! I hope that is all it is and that
you find relief soon.

OUCH - poor baby. I know you've got meds. Seriously, if you're having such
horrific episodes - could it be something else besides migraine? And, you
might honestly consider doing disability - which if you can't work properly
full time, would still let you work some part-time, but help you with not
having to totally suffer going to work when you're not able.

LMK if you need anything - it's a faster trip to Manassas now than it used
to be! I sent you the numbers before....

Ellice

Meds keep it so that I can function, if not happily. Worst part of
working is the computer and flourescent lights.

I'm back in my field of choice now, might get to use the degree at some
point, and I am hanging tough and not allowing the fact that I'm in
pain to stop me now that I'm out of the house! Twelve years as the
stay at home mom with minimal income from at home businesses was
enough!

Caryn

(((Hugs, Caryn))) - not that the cyberhugs will help the pain.

You said above that the computer and fluorescent lights make it worse;
is there anything you can do to change either of those? Work near a
window for natural light, or change to a flat-panel monitor? When I
worked at a software company, I stopped having migraines by changing
those relatively minor things. Something about the flickering of CRT
monitors and fluorescent lights triggered the headache. (Granted my 2-
to 3-day migraines are NOTHING in comparison to one for 4 months!)

I hope this eases up soon!!
--

--Mickey
Edmonton, AB

to reply: mickey18385 at yahoo dot com
Old September 26th 06, 06:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

THere are 2 suppermarkets here that i stopped entering .
their light are different than the other supermarkets. When i entrered
those 2 [first and only time], i got a slplitting headache. It seems
they use some Neon that causes it for me. Since than i heard it from
several other friends , who felt the same thing.
mirjam

Old September 26th 06, 01:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Dr. Brat wrote:
Lucille wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

Could someone please point out to the Brat that I was AGREEING with
her? I loved that she saw the same Karen I've seen for years and dared
to say something about it.

Caryn

Old September 26th 06, 01:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

mickey wrote:

wrote:
[...]

I'm the Receptionist/Admin Asst, so I'm pretty much stuck at my desk
all day. The lighting out here is 4 flourescent lights. I did get
upgraded to a flat-screen monitor lately, which seems to hurt me less.

Ended up at the E.R. again last night, but not for me this time.
Middle DD fell and either badly sprained her right wrist or broke the
base of her thumb...they weren't entirely sure. Got home at 1 a.m.,
and up today at 5:30 to get the kids up for school. Isn't life fun?

Caryn

Old September 27th 06, 02:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Purple Kat

For me it is not the Grocery store -- but the local Computer /
Electronics store. They use a combination of lights and sounds that
instantly create not only a migrane (that takes hours to go away), but
also an onset of Major PMS!!

The bad part of this is that my Husband LOVES that store and we visit
it about once a month, where upon he spends over an hour wandering
around the store 'just looking'.

Katheryne

Old September 27th 06, 02:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Brenda Lewis wrote:
Joan E. wrote:
wrote:

I'm the Receptionist/Admin Asst, so I'm pretty much stuck at my desk
all day. The lighting out here is 4 flourescent lights.

Can you ask about getting different bulbs? Maybe that would help.
American Disability Act rules say something about making reasonable
accomodations and lighting would certainly qualify for that. I would
think that a 4-month-long migraine would be considered a "disability"!

If they are flickering a lot (which would certainly exacerbate a
migraine), the ballasts may need to be replaced. While that isn't
cheap, it is still reasonable. You could also ask for incandescent,
adjustable task lighting on your desk which wouldn't cost too much. The
mixture of light types might ease things a bit for you, Caryn. What
type of lighting works best for you when using the computer at home?

--
Brenda

I barely use the one at home now, just for 10-15 mins in the morning to
check email.

Most of the lights in the house are incandescent, frosted bulbs.
Family understands when I turn all but one light in the living room
off. Light is in the corner next to Dude's chair, my chair or the
couch don't face it, so it doesn't bother me.

Getting building management here to fix anything is like pulling teeth
out of a troll (Discworld reference). There was a roof leak in June
(lightning hit the roof and made a big hole), they still haven't
replaced damaged ceiling tiles, which look like they are growing mold
now (everybody say "eeeewwwww.")

Ah well, at least dd's thumb is definitely not broken, had her ortho
read the xrays last night, it's good to know him on a personal level!

Caryn

Happy New Year Janner Quilting 2 January 14th 06 11:27 AM
Happy New Year The Larsons Quilting 0 December 31st 05 08:04 PM
[AD] New at Trash City: Hebrew Letters, Pendulums, Bead Stoppers + Happy New Year! Trashcitybeads Beads 0 January 2nd 05 10:30 PM
Happy Lunar New Year! Erin-Joi Collins McNeal Rubberstamps 0 January 22nd 04 05:57 PM