I got a new SM! Shark Euro-Pro

Old July 20th 05, 06:01 PM
Debra

Default I got a new SM! Shark Euro-Pro

I've never owned a new machine before. All of mine have been used and
at least slightly eccentric. I decided I deserved to have at least
one brand new machine in my lifetime and no time was going to be a
better time than now. I've joined the ranks of those who own a Shark
Euro Pro from Target. Not having a huge sum to spend I got the medium
priced one, the 7133. It came with lots of cool stuff including a
walking foot, clear plastic quilting table, and a hard plastic dust
cover shell. There are many different spaciality stitches and all the
feet needed to do them. It even has the ability to drop the feed dogs
for free motion work. Oh, and it has an automatic needle threader
that works slick as a whistle. The only thing I don't like is that
the presser foot lever is plastic and is likely to be the first thing
that breaks since it gets used so often.

I'd like to get a needle plate that has the little hole since the
machine came with only the wide slot type. I'd also like a second
bobbin case just in case I ever have the need for it. I might have to
contact the company to find out how to order those things.

Can y'all tell I'm a little giddy over my new machine? So far all
I've done is test various stitches, but I also bought some fabric
yesterday to go with a Pebbles and Bam Bam print I already had. I'll
be working on a baby quilt before the end of the week. I wish I had
time to start on it today!
Debra in VA
Old July 20th 05, 06:32 PM
Mary in Washington

Congrats to you Debra........it is the most fun a quilter/seamstress
can experience. Happy quilting.

Mary

http://community.webshots.com/user/moondancewa
IN THE COOKIES OF LIFE, FRIENDS ARE THE CHOCOLATE CHIPS.

Old July 20th 05, 06:42 PM
Polly Esther

Hey, that's great. Happy, happy dancin' for you. And - I had forgotten all
about Pebbles and Bam Bam. That's going to be such a precious quilt. Polly

Old July 20th 05, 09:46 PM
nana2b

Enjoy your new toy!

Old July 20th 05, 11:41 PM
the black rose

Debra wrote:

Can y'all tell I'm a little giddy over my new machine? So far all
I've done is test various stitches, but I also bought some fabric
yesterday to go with a Pebbles and Bam Bam print I already had. I'll
be working on a baby quilt before the end of the week. I wish I had
time to start on it today!
Debra in VA

Well, if you can't get giddy over a new baby, what can you get giddy
over? :-) Enjoy your new machine!

--

the black rose
Research Associate in the Field of Child Development and Human

-------- __o
----- -\. -------- __o
--- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\.
-------------------- ( )/ ( )
Old July 21st 05, 03:26 AM
CNYstitcher

Hey Hey~~ Welsome to the shark mommy club!! I bought one as
well...love it other than the buttonhole function...I still can't get it
to work correctly sigh. Might just use my old Kenmore for buttonholes
from now on.

Larisa

Old July 21st 05, 04:02 PM
Debra

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 17:42:47 GMT, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

Hey, that's great. Happy, happy dancin' for you. And - I had forgotten all
about Pebbles and Bam Bam. That's going to be such a precious quilt. Polly

Pebbles and Bam Bam are riding tricycles and such against a blue
background. Dino is on it too. I thought he was purple, but he is
deep fuschia on this print. I've got enough of it for a backing and
some left for the centers of blocks. My plan is to add strips of
different coordinating fabrics around the block centers like framing
until they are 9 or 10 inches square (have to do measuring to figure
that out) and then add sashing between them. I've got a few tone on
tone batiks in green, yellow and orange, a tiny pink and fuschia
print, and solid lime green. The solid lime will be the sashing.

I have no idea who will end up with it since no one I know is
expecting, but DH has several kin who are likely candidates for
parenthood in the near future. Mostly I thought baby quilt would be a
good size to see what my new machine will do. And well, what else was
I going to do with that Flintstone fabric?

Debra in VA
Old July 21st 05, 09:43 PM
Debra

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 02:26:42 GMT, CNYstitcher
wrote:

Hey Hey~~ Welsome to the shark mommy club!! I bought one as
well...love it other than the buttonhole function...I still can't get it
to work correctly sigh. Might just use my old Kenmore for buttonholes
from now on.

Larisa

I sorta got the idea of the machine brand from your posts about yours.
I had looked at them before you posted, but wasn't sure about the
brand. Wasn't sure I needed a new machine either, but there also
comes a time when you are just not willing to deal with little
problems from older machines any more. Frustration doesn't do a body
good.

What isn't right about your button holes? Just wondering because I
haven't tried any yet.
Debra in VA
Old July 21st 05, 10:07 PM
Roberta

wrote:

Hey Hey~~ Welsome to the shark mommy club!! I bought one as
well...love it other than the buttonhole function...I still can't get it
to work correctly sigh. Might just use my old Kenmore for buttonholes
from now on.

Larisa

I have one too I have loved it ever time I use it...although I
haven't tried the buttonhole thingy...never having made a buttonhole,
I wouldn't know if it worked right or not lol Every once in a while I
toy with the idea of making clothing - then I realize I don't know how
to do buttons/zippers and a lot of other things neccesary to
clothing...so I end up using the fabric I bought in a quilt lol

Roberta (in VA)