Stitchers World Magazine strikes again!

Old September 25th 03, 03:31 AM
Jenn Liace

Default Stitchers World Magazine strikes again!

Today I finally got my September issue of SW (the post office seemed
to have misplaced the original and Janet Walker mailed me a new copy -
Thank you!!), and in addition to the cross stitch quilt afghan that
I've been patiently waiting to finish one of my BFP's to start, I
found a can't-wait-gotta-do-it-right-NOW piece.....

This one is called Mr. Bones, the chart is on page 26 of the September
issue, and he's absolutely to die for - pardon the pun LOL. I
especially love the hangman's noose tassel. Tia Mary, was that one of
yours?

So as soon as I got home from work, even before getting dinner in the
oven, I pulled all my flosses and a piece of mushroom evenweave to
stitch it on. After 2 hours (not including a break to eat dinner) I
already have the eyes completely stitched but not backstitched yet. I
can't wait to finish this one!

Jenn L.
View My Webshots: http://community.webshots.com/user/jaliace
Current projects:
Chicago Skyline (The Needlecraftsman)
Lady of the Flag (Mirabilia)
Old September 25th 03, 11:19 PM
Janet Walker

You're very welcome! There were companion pieces in the September 2002
issue - Frankenstein and a witch. There is going to be a cute devil (if you
can call a devil cute!) in the September 2004 issue. It will be stitched
mainly with Kreinik #4 braid. I'm working on it in my spare time at work.
Tia Mary saw it and said people from Arizona would have a fit over it.
Something about devil as a sports team mascot.

Janet

Old September 26th 03, 01:16 AM
Jenn Liace

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 22:19:15 GMT, "Janet Walker"
wrote:

There were companion pieces in the September 2002
issue - Frankenstein and a witch.

Yep, I remember Frankie and Witchie well.... and I'm certain that Tia
Mary finished at least one of those LOL. Actually, I already planned
to do Witchie after I finish Mr. Bones (assuming of course that I have
enough time to get em both done in time for Halloween night LOL)

Old September 26th 03, 02:10 AM
Carolyn Manning

Hi Janet!

~waving, taking a break from the designing~

Love what you guys do with the designs over there at Stitcher's World!

Carolyn

Old September 26th 03, 02:57 AM
Janet Walker

No, I didn't stitch it. Tia Mary, my GREAT stitching buddy and friend,
stitched it. I did stitch the quilt that began with the March 2003 issue.
Tia Mary quilted it for us. I'm also stitching a sampler for the January
2004 issue. It's an anniversary sampler because that issue is our 50th
issue. The sampler is really pretty.

I did stitch a piece you designed (I think you designed it - they do tend to
run together LOL). It was 2 bears with fishing poles. Was that your
design?

I'm really going to try swearing off stitching for the magazine because I
never get to stitch for me and my friends any more. We'll see how I do. I
know Tia Mary will try her best to remind me. :-)

Janet

"Carolyn Manning" wrote in message
om...
Hi! Just found this group, and this message. ~smile~ Did you stitch
the model of "Let's Skate" for the magazine? Just curious as I'm the
designer! Got my copy of the magazine and was so pleased with the way
the piece turned out!

Carolyn

ekoluvr (Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply ) wrote in

message ...
From: Jenn Liace

......... I
especially love the hangman's noose tassel. Tia Mary, was that one of
yours? ..........

Nope -- I did the ice skating teddy bears. I'll have to take a look

at this
one. My mag came the day before I left for Lizard Land and I didn't

have much
time to look it over :-). Janet IS nice isn't she -- makes a **great**
stitchin' buddy!!!! CiaoMeow ^;;^
.

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^

their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!

Old September 26th 03, 03:39 AM
Carol

Hi Janet ...
I love the UNC coasters you did for your boss ... they were coasters,
right ? My husband is a dyed in the wool UNC fan, and we live in
Chapel Hill ! Do you live in NC ? Would love to chat sometime ..
Best wishes
CArol in NC