Rose Bush vs. Frou Frou Dog

Old September 18th 11, 11:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Default Rose Bush vs. Frou Frou Dog

I'll tell you in advance, the rose bush won.

A lady trying to organize a neighborhood watch stopped by and caught
daughter3 as she was coming home from school. This lady is older and
seems nice enough, she also had her yappy little dog on a leash with her.
The dog is one of those ones that looks like a double handful of fur with
a nose sticking out.

So the lady was there earnestly trying to convince DD that a neighborhood
watch program locally would be a worthwhile thing (only if the police
actually come when you call IMO), and her scrap of fluff was wandering
about at the end of it's leash sniffing everything.
I have an Autumn Damask (Quatre Saisons) rose planted next to the
walkway, though a good 10 feet back from the sidewalk. It is a big old
plant that I try to keep pegged into a spiral fountain, but this time of
year the new growth gets a bit sprawly. It is also one of the most
viciously thorny roses you can grow aside from some of the old hedge
varieties.

The little puffball found the rose and took against it.
The dog ran into the depths of the bush.
By the time we got it out it was a very unhappy little canine.
The leash had caught and tangled in the thorns and so had all that fur.
The poor lady was so torn between apologizing and fretting that she
didn't know what to do. The dog was whining and half howling because even
all that fur was not enough to protect it from the inch long thorns on
the older canes.
Daughter and I had a heck of a time untangling it from the rose bush, but
we managed to get it out without damaging the rose.

It was a much subdued pup when it left the yard.
It very much wanted to be carried, but the lady could not do it because
it still had thorns caught in it's fur.

Dear Husband went out and gave the rose some blood meal and coffee
grounds.
He said it was only fair since it did not get to keep the dog.

NightMist

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?
Old September 18th 11, 11:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Sorry about this not being marked OT.
I was intending to send it elsewhere, and somehow manged to send it here
instead. I'm not quite sure what foolish thing I did, but I will try to
avoid doing it in the future.

NightMist

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?
Old September 19th 11, 01:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_6_]

On Sun, 18 Sep 2011 22:27:00 +0000, NightMist
wrote:

[...]

Great story, NightMist and I ove the ending ! Bet that dog doesn't go
anywhere NEAR that rose bush next time!

-Irene
Old September 19th 11, 01:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise In Iowa

I'm glad you sent it here! What a story - I'm sorry for the dog, but I
still couldn't help but laugh.

Louise in Iowa
http://community.webshots.com/user/LouiseinIowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

Old September 19th 11, 01:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gen

Having seen the rose bush, I just sat here and giggled. I'd really like to
have seen that little episode!! Glad the bush survived
Gen

Old September 19th 11, 03:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Well, I am glad you sent it here The minor distraction hopefully
didn't put you over the top with everything else that is going on!

Did the rose bush keep any fur souvenirs? I was imagining if you would
have had to trim the dog out, how the owner would hve been so upset at
a new 'do for Fido!

Thanks for the giggle. I have one rose bush that jealously guards its
patch of ground, also.

Ginger in CA

Old September 19th 11, 12:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

ROFL! the old saying "more hair than wit" seems appropriate. Sorry for
the dog, but a creature that stupid probably ought to stay indoors.
Roberta in D

Old September 19th 11, 01:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Sun, 18 Sep 2011 17:32:42 -0500, NightMist wrote
(in article ):

Sorry about this not being marked OT.
I was intending to send it elsewhere, and somehow manged to send it here
instead. I'm not quite sure what foolish thing I did, but I will try to
avoid doing it in the future.

NightMist

That's okay. I was LOL at the picture of the dog and the rose bush!

Maureen

Old September 19th 11, 03:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AllisonH

On 18/09/2011 6:32 PM, NightMist wrote:

Sorry about this not being marked OT.
I was intending to send it elsewhere, and somehow manged to send it here
instead. I'm not quite sure what foolish thing I did, but I will try to
avoid doing it in the future.

NightMist

If you have another good story to tell like this one please don't avoid
doing whatever you did.

Allison

OT - Bush joke Julia in MN Quilting 5 May 25th 06 10:15 AM
Bush Officials GAY? I can't believe these!? badfeng Quilting 13 November 19th 05 08:36 PM
Fun with Bush(??) Pat P Needlework 0 November 25th 04 12:54 PM
AD: New Peach Rose and Dog Page Kits, Fiber packets N More Spot Rubberstamps 0 June 13th 04 12:49 PM
Att'n: Rose (Mainiac Rose) Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 6 April 23rd 04 03:29 PM