colored copper wire?

Old February 4th 09, 12:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
zipper[_2_]

Default colored copper wire?

Hello. I was wondering if permanently-colored, silver copper wire can
be used, and look good, as a poor person's sterling silver wire for
necklaces, earrings, etc. I am selling and, of course, wouldn't
misrepresent the material as sterling. Yes, I am poor. I admit it.

shawn
Old February 5th 09, 05:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

It depends on how you are going to be using it. I wouldn't use it for
chain maille, but for wrapped loops and similar applications, it is
fine. You can buy non-tarnish silver colored wire. Just don't list it
as being sterling and you'll be fine.

Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Habitué

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

http://www.penguintrax.com
http://www.polymerclayworkshops.com

Old February 6th 09, 02:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
zipper[_2_]

You'll sell some, but it's a different
market than the sterling market.

It's the peasant market.
Old February 15th 09, 04:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Shawn, if you think it's only good for the "peasant market", why do
you want to use it?

I'm too clumsy to use cheap materials without wrecking them, so I
stick with sterling.

But if you do choose to use them, you'll be much more successful if
you direct your energy in a more positive direction. Coated wire is
for the "fun" market, or is "whimsical". If you don't respect your
material, for whatever value, your work will show it.

Tina

On Feb 6, 5:37*am, zipper wrote:
You'll sell some, but it's a different

market than the sterling market.

It's the peasant market.

Hard to Find 1/2 Round and Copper Wire A Beaded Affair Beads 2 August 23rd 08 09:19 PM
Gage sizes of silver and copper wire gloflyer Jewelry 8 February 23rd 08 02:49 AM
Square Copper Wire? J. Dawson Jewelry 3 September 21st 05 04:35 AM
Copper from Ivory Copper starlia Beads 0 September 6th 03 11:12 PM
Copper-colored solder? David Blood-Deschamps Glass 4 July 27th 03 08:31 PM