Extra! Extra!

Old September 26th 06, 12:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Laura

Default Extra! Extra!

Used to be a regular here on rctq, maybe five years ago. Participated
in some really fun swaps, including the baseball thing one summer.

In the years between then and now, I have been through divorce,
retirement, selling my house, a long haul move, another long haul move,
and yet another long move. I am staying where I am, right or wrong,
because danged if I'm going through another move any time soon!

To make a long story short, I used to keep my quilting fabrics (and
everything else associated, that I collected) in storage tubs. After
the first move, I bought barrister bookcases to put it in, then it got
stored for quite a while. Fortunately, no damage came from the storage
stint. Now I am refolding all these lovelies, and getting reacquainted
with them. I really have an alarming number of pieces that are too
topical for me to put in a traditional quilt, which is where I find my
focus these days.

I know it sounds weird, but if any of you are looking for a bit of
(think the pieces are all at least a yard) of topical fabric, let me
know. What I'm offering, if I can find something you want or like, is
to trade a yard I can't use for a FQ I can use.

Any takers? It's a trade, not a freebie, okay?

Laura, now in Montana (used to be Nebraska)

Old September 26th 06, 03:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Hi Laura and welcome home. Help us, please, to crawl over the language
barrier here. What do you mean by topical and what do you mean by
traditional? This group is so big that there probably is someone who may
be making the switch from traditional to topical. Your definitions may be
obvious to everyone else but I'm not sure what you're meaning. In
Mississippi, topical is something you rub on a bug bite. Traditional?
Could be anything from feed sacks to Baltimore Album. Just hoping to help
you with a swap - and wanted to say how nice it was to hear from you again.
Polly

ups.com...

Old September 26th 06, 04:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Laura

Sorry Polly...
What I mean by topical are such as prints of baseballs, soccer balls,
combined sports balls. Allovers of fish, eagles and mountains. Even
have some really cute, but not for me, juvenile things. A map of the
US, surrounded by the states and their capitols. A panel with school
buses and crayon ABC's. Some really nice Daisy Kingdom things, tossed
Noah's Ark animals and such. That's what I mean by topical. Mybe it's
better known as a focus print.

I can do pictures, but I'd have to know what someone might want to see
before they trade, and I'd have to email to whoever asks, as I don't
have a web page.

By traditional, I mean anything short of a huge print - not very useful
in the FQ I'm asking for trade - and I don't care for really bright
colors (Kaffe Fasset comes to mind, and I know there are others who
embrace such brilliant colors). Blenders, small prints, and I do love
marbles, florals, and who doesn't love batiks? Actually, my yellows to
golds shelf is a little bit bare. :-) HTH

Laura

polly esther wrote:
Hi Laura and welcome home. Help us, please, to crawl over the language
barrier here. What do you mean by topical and what do you mean by
traditional? This group is so big that there probably is someone who may
be making the switch from traditional to topical. Your definitions may be
obvious to everyone else but I'm not sure what you're meaning. In
Mississippi, topical is something you rub on a bug bite. Traditional?
Could be anything from feed sacks to Baltimore Album. Just hoping to help
you with a swap - and wanted to say how nice it was to hear from you again.
Polly

ups.com...

Old September 26th 06, 07:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Sounds like you are offering novelty or feature prints for
Tone-on-Tones (ToTs), small prints, marbles etc.

Wish I was closer but the postage to OZ would be prohibitive
LOL

Good Luck with your swapping!

--

Cheryl & the Cats
o o o o o o

oups.com...
:
: polly esther wrote:
: Hi Laura and welcome home. Help us, please, to crawl
over the language
: barrier here. What do you mean by topical and what do
you mean by
: traditional? This group is so big that there probably
is someone who may
: be making the switch from traditional to topical. Your
definitions may be
: obvious to everyone else but I'm not sure what you're
meaning. In
: Mississippi, topical is something you rub on a bug bite.
Traditional?
: Could be anything from feed sacks to Baltimore Album.
Just hoping to help
: you with a swap - and wanted to say how nice it was to
hear from you again.
: Polly
:
: "Laura" wrote in message
:
ups.com...

Old September 26th 06, 07:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jenn/Jalynne

You're probably thinking of novelty fabrics. People doing I Spy quilts
would be interested in those, I'm certain. If I had time, I'd even swap
with you, but I'm swamped at the moment.

--
Jenn/Jalynne
quilting, beads, scrapbooking, cross stitch and other 'crafti' obsessions

polly esther wrote:
Hi Laura and welcome home. Help us, please, to crawl over the language
barrier here. What do you mean by topical and what do you mean by
traditional? This group is so big that there probably is someone who
may
be making the switch from traditional to topical. Your definitions may
be
obvious to everyone else but I'm not sure what you're meaning. In
Mississippi, topical is something you rub on a bug bite. Traditional?
Could be anything from feed sacks to Baltimore Album. Just hoping to
help
you with a swap - and wanted to say how nice it was to hear from you
again.
Polly

ups.com...

Old September 26th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Idahoqltr

I need a scarecrow 3" tall or more. Anyone?

Old September 26th 06, 11:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debi Matlack

I love cat fabrics and have a bit of an extensive pile of fabric myself. If
I have something you can use, I'm happy to trade!

--
Debi

Chaos, panic and disorder ... my work here is done.

ups.com...