FYI headsup on pricing! (not really an AD!)

Old January 28th 04, 12:14 AM
Mj

Default FYI headsup on pricing! (not really an AD!)

Since the first of the year I've been hearing rumblings throughout the bead
world about price increases. Precious metals prices have risen
substantially and many wholesale suppliers of Bali and other silver beads
have raised their prices or are putting a surcharge on silver or gold
orders. I've also heard that many wholesalers of Swarovski either are
already charging higher prices or will be in the near future - all because
of the continuing weakness of our US dollar in many areas of the world,
especially in the EU. And I received a notice from my largest Czech bead
importer this morning that although they are trying to keep prices down, if
the dollar doesn't rally soon they will also be raising prices by 10-20%.
OUCH!!

Just a heads up for all of you - no matter who you buy from, it might be a
good idea to stock up soon to avoid the coming increases if you can because
I can't see any help coming from Washington any time soon. They're all
still raking in enough money to line their own pockets and the h*ll with the
rest of us.

Mj
(who's mightily disgusted today with the sorry state of business in this
country...)

--
=================================
Marjean Cline

"I'm really tired of hearing everyone say that President Bush hasn't been
responsible for any new jobs since he took office. He's created millions of
new jobs. Just ask the people in India, Indonesia, Honduras, Thailand,
Korea, Russia..."

Old January 28th 04, 07:57 AM
Kandice Seeber

I hear you, Marejean. I was just reading about the upcoming increase on
glass as well. It's going to get tough for everyone. It sucks, but there
you go. I still think you have the best prices around, even when they do go
up.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old January 28th 04, 11:32 AM
BeckiBead

Well, there is only one answer to this. We must create very nice jewelry, and
charge higher prices!

Becki
"In between the moon and you, the angels have a better view of the crumbling
difference between wrong and right." -- Counting Crows
Old January 28th 04, 06:30 PM
Dr. Sooz

I can't see any help coming from Washington any time soon. They're all
still raking in enough money to line their own pockets and the h*ll with the
rest of us.

Damn right, Mj. Which is the biggest reason GWB got shuttled into office.
It's sick.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old January 28th 04, 06:31 PM
Dr. Sooz

Well, there is only one answer to this. We must create very nice jewelry,
and
charge higher prices!

And for god's sake, everybody -- register to vote!
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old January 28th 04, 08:59 PM
Arondelle

Dr. Sooz wrote:

And for god's sake, everybody -- register to vote!

Yeppers! I voted yesterday -- what a mob scene! It's the first time in
a long time that I've found any candidate worth getting excited about,
and I guess I wasn't the only one. Even if my guy didn't get first
place, he did pretty well, all things considered.

Here's hoping the excitement continues, regardless of who's running!

Arondelle
To email me, empty the pond with a net
Visit Arondelle's Dream Worlds at: http://www.arondelle.com
Read my Blog: http://www.angelfire.com/blog/arondelle/index.html

Old January 29th 04, 12:08 AM
Dr. Sooz

Yeppers! I voted yesterday -- what a mob scene! It's the first time in
a long time that I've found any candidate worth getting excited about

~~snipped~~
Here's hoping the excitement continues, regardless of who's running!

Arondelle

And even if it's not exciting, VOTE ANYWAY.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old February 1st 04, 03:36 AM
Marisa Cappetta

At the risk of sounding overly political, women in particular should all
vote. Our for-sisters worked very hard to earn us the right and I don't take
that lightly. I strongly believe that unless I help shape the future, I
can't sit around and complain about it. Since I will always vote, I can
complain as much as I damn well please!! LOL

--
Marisa (AU/NZ)
http://www.galleryvittoria.com
"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
Yeppers! I voted yesterday -- what a mob scene! It's the first time in
a long time that I've found any candidate worth getting excited about

~~snipped~~
Here's hoping the excitement continues, regardless of who's running!

Arondelle

And even if it's not exciting, VOTE ANYWAY.
~~
Sooz
-------
"Those in the cheaper seats clap. The rest of you rattle your jewelry."

John
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old February 1st 04, 07:41 AM
Dr. Sooz

At the risk of sounding overly political, women in particular should all
vote. Our for-sisters worked very hard to earn us the right and I don't take
that lightly. I strongly believe that unless I help shape the future, I
can't sit around and complain about it. Since I will always vote, I can
complain as much as I damn well please!! LOL

This is my opinion also.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old February 1st 04, 07:14 PM
Karen_AZ

I've always taken my kids along, too. I've been chided about this week's
primary, because I don't like ANY of the Dem Pres (or is that Damn Pres???)
candidates enough to vote for one. Again, I long for that "go back and try
again" vote instead. But I'll still be going, because there are a few hot
local issues that NEED my vote. I mean, does ANY town really need 3 Wally
Worlds within 5 miles (or less) of each other???? I think not.

Arizona is very much like CA, with all the referenda. Some of them are
downright silly, but it's kinda cool to see a REAL democratic process at
work. There's no excuse for being oblivious around here. The GOOD thing is,
all those damned signs will be gone by the time I get back from Tucson. G

KarenK

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
. giganews.com...
On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 1:41:40 -0500, Dr. Sooz wrote
(in message ):

At the risk of sounding overly political, women in particular should

all
vote. Our for-sisters worked very hard to earn us the right and I don't
take
that lightly. I strongly believe that unless I help shape the future,

can't sit around and complain about it. Since I will always vote, I can
complain as much as I damn well please!! LOL

This is my opinion also.

Sooz

I'd like to add that for those of us with children, please take your child

the polls with you. If your town participates in "Kids Vote," so much the
better, but even if there isn't a special program, it's really important

let your children in on the political process.

In many town, the voters are overwhelmingly elderly. There are a couple

of
problems with this - as the older folks die off, or become too ill to

vote,
the percentage of citizens whose opinion is considered becomes even

smaller.
When the voting public doesn't represent the total population, the laws
passed tend to be unfair to those who are not voters. Politicians become
overly preoccupied with pleasing the elderly (because they vote), at the
expense of everyone else.

It's vital that we get our children involved in the political process.
People who know their legal rights and responsibilities are more likely to
defend their rights and take their responsibilities seriously. People who
vote have a stake in their communities and become more involved in the day

day workings of the places they call home.

I've taken DD to vote with me all of her life. (I've never missed an
election, except when I was actually in the hospital) As a family, we
discuss all sorts of political issues. As a result, she's developed her

own
opinions about the way things should be, and is prepared to work for the
causes she believes in.

When the school budget was cut, DD was at every city council meeting,
speaking passionately to defend not just the programs she loves, but

programs
for special needs students as well. When a proposal was made to open a

bar
across the street from her school, she was right with me at the licensing
board meeting. To her, the government isn't some entity that rules from

on
high, but a process in which her voice is as important as anyone elses'.

Interestingly, DD's political leanings are very different from mine or

Bob's.
Not only does she have strong opinions, she's well prepared with

information
to defend her opinions, and loves to try and get us to change our points

of
view to her own.

Having our kids involved in the political process, and encouraging them to
speak up is our best insurance against having their rights eroded. The
Powers That Be have a strong interest in keeping the general public
uninformed and uninvolved. It's up to me as a parent to make sure that my
kid isn't led like a sheep by people who don't have her best interests at
heart.

Off my soapbox,

Kathy N-V

Ok- pricing help. KDK Beads 25 December 6th 03 12:39 AM
Pricing Question Lisa Kisner Beads 6 September 30th 03 11:14 AM
Pricing help needed ... Deirdre S. Beads 46 August 30th 03 03:00 AM
Pricing help needed ... (corrected link) Dr. Sooz Beads 5 August 29th 03 07:57 PM
new question - pricing Deborah Beads 21 August 24th 03 07:53 AM