AD: Bugs and Beads

Old May 29th 04, 11:02 PM
Juanita Floyd

Default AD: Bugs and Beads

Hi Everyone,

I had a bit of time to do some listings this week on e Bay. Mostly ceramic
stuff, with some poly and ceramic beads thrown in for good measure. The big
thing I have is handpainted commemorative plates for the cicada invasion this
year. Some of you will appreciate these more than others depending on where you
live. There are 3 available in a Dutch auction.

A lot of 4 strands of poly clay beads and cabs and some glazed type ceramic
beads. Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoy!

Juanita
Cicacda Plates
Ladybug Jewelry Box
Large Poly Clay Bead lot
Stonewashed Denim Ceramic Glazed Beads

May fate bless us all according to our deeds.
Old May 30th 04, 05:24 PM
Cheryl

The bug plate is a hoot.

We have them in Ohio - they are THICK south of us about 15 miles
but I have not seen one yet --
weird huh???

Cheryl
DRAGON BEADS
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old May 30th 04, 06:37 PM
mjoann

Cheryl wrote:
The bug plate is a hoot.

We have them in Ohio - they are THICK south of us about 15 miles
but I have not seen one yet --
weird huh???

I'm in Ohio too. Our yard is wooded and FILLED with every big/spider
imaginable... but no cicadas. Supposedly, they will only arrive where
there were trees 17 years ago (for them to lay their eggs in.) Our area
is filled with old trees, but still no cicadas. This county is more
prone to flooding than nearby areas that have them, so I wonder if that
is related...I'm a little disappointed, I wanted to see more of this
rare-ish event!

mjoann

Old May 31st 04, 04:18 AM
Cheryl

Supposedly, they will only arrive where
there were trees 17 years ago (for them to lay their eggs in.) Our area
is filled with old trees, but still no cicadas.

we have lots of older trees -- just no bugs... I think it is really strange
that just a few miles a way - there are a zillion of them! LOL
I hear Cincinnati is swamped with them...
I'm just as glad there aren't any...
weird looking alien things!

Old May 31st 04, 11:53 PM
BeckiBead

Cheryl - you need me to send you some bugs? I'm headed to the ranch,
tomorrow.....

Becki
"In between the moon and you, the angels have a better view of the crumbling
difference between wrong and right." -- Counting Crows
Old June 2nd 04, 02:14 AM
Cheryl

Cheryl - you need me to send you some bugs? I'm headed to the ranch,
tomorrow.....

No thanks - I'll pass...
have killed TWO spiders on the lampwork bench this week...

I don't object to spiders -and am not a spider wuss....I'm very spider tolerant
(they have their place in the eco system after all)... as long as they don't
come crawling around me --
if they keep hidden to themselves - that's perfectly fine... but I really
object to them running across the bench like they are about to climb up my
arm!!!

Old June 2nd 04, 03:50 AM
Candace

Not 30 minutes ago I had a huge one drop from the ceiling onto my neck. I had
my non latex gloves on because I was working on a micro-macrame bracelet with
waxed linen cord(my hands sweat so much when I'm knotting, I melt the wax), so
I brushed it onto the table and whacked it with my palm. That kinda freaked me
out.......A LOT.

Cheryl - you need me to send you some bugs? I'm headed to the ranch,
tomorrow.....

No thanks - I'll pass...
have killed TWO spiders on the lampwork bench this week...

I don't object to spiders -and am not a spider wuss....I'm very spider
tolerant
(they have their place in the eco system after all)... as long as they don't
come crawling around me --
if they keep hidden to themselves - that's perfectly fine... but I really
object to them running across the bench like they are about to climb up my
arm!!!

Cheryl

~Candace~
Orphan Beads Low cost and bartering for the financially challenged beader
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Old June 4th 04, 04:47 AM
Marisa2

Juanita,

The plate is cute.

For a second I misread your add and thought they would be Cicada beads
instead of plates... I was immagining a cutsey cicada to match your
chubbees and lady bugs, with funny eyes.

marisa2

Old June 5th 04, 05:48 PM
Juanita Floyd

I did do some of them. I just didn't put them up for auction right now. Didn't
figure anyone would buy them anyway. Glad you like the plate.

Juanita