Mirabilia's Maidens of the Seasons

Old June 12th 04, 02:35 AM
Linda D.

Default Mirabilia's Maidens of the Seasons

I went to the Mirabilia site to take a peek at Cinderella, the
design Caryn is stitching, (which btw, is gorgeous) and noticed the
pair of designs "Maidens of the Seasons I & II". I thought they were
quite nice and loved the Winter Maiden best. Has anyone stitched
these designs? Do they involve beads? I'll bet they look gorgeous up
close and personal

take care, Linda
Old June 12th 04, 05:55 AM
Jenn Liace

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 01:35:36 GMT, Linda D.
wrote:

I went to the Mirabilia site to take a peek at Cinderella, the
design Caryn is stitching, (which btw, is gorgeous) and noticed the
pair of designs "Maidens of the Seasons I & II". I thought they were
quite nice and loved the Winter Maiden best. Has anyone stitched
these designs? Do they involve beads? I'll bet they look gorgeous up
close and personal

I have Maidens II (Autumn and Winter) in stash because I absolutely
loved the purple gown on Winter.

There are 12 shades of the Needlepaints flosses (at roughly 3 bucks a
skein at my NS) and 8 different colors and sizes of beads listed. A
very brief scan of the charts tells me that all of the Needlepaints
listed are used heavily in Winter (but supposedly not enough for 2
skeins of any if Nora's supply list is correct). There is some beading
on the dress (the jewel-looking highlights on her cape's trim, for
example, and the "snowflakes")

Unfortunately, the Needlepaints practically ensure that Winter won't
be stitched for a very very very long time..... =(

Jenn L.
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/jaliace
http://sewu9corn.blogspot.com
Old June 12th 04, 12:08 PM
S & A

Can I ask what may be a silly question? Needlepaints flosses...are they
like DMC or Anchor or something completely different as I've never heard of
them.

Sharon (UK)

Old June 12th 04, 01:29 PM
Caryn

I went to the Mirabilia site to take a peek at Cinderella, the
design Caryn is stitching, (which btw, is gorgeous) and noticed the
pair of designs "Maidens of the Seasons I & II". I thought they were
quite nice and loved the Winter Maiden best. Has anyone stitched
these designs? Do they involve beads? I'll bet they look gorgeous up
close and personal

No actual knowledge of the beads...but with Nora it's about a given, she loves
beads!

I do know that they use her mother's Needlepaints flosses, that alone has me
not buying them. I just can't justify over $2 for plain cotton floss (not
overdyed, no varigation).

Cinderellla is moving along tho! The pictures make her dress look pale pink or
pale green, depending on if you are seeing it online or on the chart, but in
reality it's mostly white.

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)
Old June 12th 04, 01:31 PM
Caryn

Can I ask what may be a silly question? Needlepaints flosses...are they
like DMC or Anchor or something completely different as I've never heard of
them.

Sharon (UK)

They were developed by MLI because she didn't like the DMC shades of purple and
blue.

They are cotton floss, pretty colors, but at over $2 (US) per skein, I won't
buy them.

Old June 12th 04, 04:44 PM
Linda D.

How frustrating Winter takes so many of the Needlepaints
Sure makes stitching it pricey

take care, Linda

Old June 13th 04, 02:18 PM
Sharon \(UK\)

Thanks for answering my question Caryn. I don't think I've seen them in the
UK.

Sharon (UK)