OT (sorta): Quextion for lampworkers

Old July 26th 03, 05:47 PM
Louis Cage

Default OT (sorta): Quextion for lampworkers

One of the things I am pretty good at is pulling canes and making murrini.
So I have been thinking about putting some murrini and latticino on Ebay for other lampworkers to use.
Is that something you all would be interested in? Would you prefer the murrini sliced or in canes?
I have some red/blue yin-yangs and some hearts and such made up already.
Thanks,
Louis
--
There are no mistakes, only unexplored techniques
Old July 26th 03, 05:51 PM
Tink

Good question, Louis!

I have purchased ready-made murrini in the past, but only big bags of chips to play with... cheap. I have seen that some folks have had success on eBay with complex murrines, like butterflies or tigers and stuff.

However.... If you really want to fill a niche out there, make signature canes. If I were faster/better at it, I would do it. I think it could be lucrative.

--
Tinkster
www.imeltstuff.com

Old July 26th 03, 06:28 PM
Nicole @ Black Cat Beads

I want some hearts!

Nicole

Louis Cage wrote:
One of the things I am pretty good at is pulling canes and making murrini.
So I have been thinking about putting some murrini and latticino on Ebay
for other lampworkers to use.
Is that something you all would be interested in? Would you prefer the
murrini sliced or in canes?
I have some red/blue yin-yangs and some hearts and such made up already.
Thanks,
Louis
--
There are no mistakes, only unexplored techniques

--
Nicole
Black Cat Beads

eBay Sto http://www.stores.ebay.com/blackcatbeads

I never met a bead I did not like! : )

Old July 26th 03, 06:42 PM
Beadseeker

Louis,
I would like some sliced murrini, some they are compatible with Bullseye
coe90 for fusing. I have some which are compatible with Moretti, but I have
more colors in Bullseye.
Patti
Old July 28th 03, 02:50 AM
Cheryl

Pretty good Tink!

This was my initial cane
http://www.dragonbeads.com/sigcane.jpg

some of it I pulled smaller than other...
Cheryl of A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com" DRAGON BEADS /A
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old July 28th 03, 06:27 AM
Kandice Seeber

I like latticino and twisties in bright colors. Preferably in the
purple/blue/green range.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

I do Moretti and Bullseye. And some boro, but it's too slow for me to do
canes usually. I don't have that much patience.
Do you have any color preferences on latticino?
BTW, I anneal my cane to make it easier to use. If you don't use cane

right
after you make it, if it hasn't been annealed, it has a tendency to spit.
--
There are no mistakes, only unexplored techniques

"Kandice Seeber" wrote in message
I am really interested in latticino or just plain twisties - definitely

post
an ad here if you list those! I was just looking last night for some

and
did not find any. Do you work with Moretti compatible glass? I hate

making
twisties, but would love some to experiment with.
I am not all that interested in murrini personally, but I bet they would
sell.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old July 30th 03, 06:21 AM
Kalera Stratton

In article ,
"Tink" wrote:

Good question, Louis!

I have purchased ready-made murrini in the past, but only big bags of chips
to play with... cheap. I have seen that some folks have had success on eBay
with complex murrines, like butterflies or tigers and stuff.

However.... If you really want to fill a niche out there, make signature
canes. If I were faster/better at it, I would do it. I think it could be
lucrative.

--
Tinkster

That's a great idea. I was thinking about just getting a K and an S
cane, and pulling them down so they'd be teeny, because I'll never get
around to making my own.

--
-Kalera
Mom of Juliet, 5, Sam, 3, and Ophelia, born 5/31/03
See us at www.strattonhome.org
Old July 30th 03, 02:22 PM
Louis Cage

I could do that for you.
I think I already have "K" and an "S" canes made up.
Last Christmas I made marbles with friends names in them, so I have most
letters already.
--
There are no mistakes, only unexplored techniques

See us at www.strattonhome.org

AD (sorta) HUGE Site Update Linx Beads 2 July 9th 03 04:11 PM
OT, sorta: No chance to make beads grrrr! Kalera Stratton Beads 12 July 9th 03 06:44 AM
Ad: (sorta) art doll face cabs page Mary Tafoya Beads 3 July 8th 03 07:31 PM