I WAS WONDERING...

Old April 29th 10, 01:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
LindaLee

Default I WAS WONDERING...

Is there a way we can make new posts pop such as the subject line in
caps to make it pop against all the spam that's found it's way into
this group?
Old April 29th 10, 03:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzeeq

LindaLee wrote:
Is there a way we can make new posts pop such as the subject line in
caps to make it pop against all the spam that's found it's way into
this group?

I seldom see spam in this group. My newsservers filter it out. If you're
using google groups, they don't filter.
Old April 30th 10, 05:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

I seldom see spam in this group. My newsservers filter it out. If you're
using google groups, they don't filter.

This Sapm is horrible , one way to reduce it is to complain to google
groups , there is a special place to do it , if more people will
actually do it, they will help ,
mirjam
Old April 30th 10, 12:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
LindaLee

On Apr 30, 12:51*am, mirjam wrote:
I seldom see spam in this group. My newsservers filter it out. If you're
using google groups, they don't filter.

This Sapm is horrible , one way to reduce it is to complain to google
groups , there is a special place to do it , if more people will
actually do it, they will help ,
mirjam

I did see the free Google reader and signed up. Thanks for the
input. I didn't know what it was as I am fairly new to the computer
world taking baby steps from the mail station, webtv and now the
computer. Patience is required for some of us. :-)

Old April 30th 10, 05:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
LindaLee

"suzeeq" wrote in message

LindaLee wrote:
Is there a way we can make new posts pop such as the subject line in
caps to make it pop against all the spam that's found it's way into
this group?

I seldom see spam in this group. My newsservers filter it out. If you're
using google groups, they don't filter.- Hide quoted text -

sniff, sniff...here I am thinking I was all that signing up for the
Reader (Google) and what did I see when I used it...the same spam,
spam, spam. Since some of us do see it and others don't I will just
be quiet about the whole thing. But for those lucky ones I will just
say there's a good 10 to 12 pieces of spam each day to purchase things
on E-bay.
Old April 30th 10, 06:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Olwyn.Mary

LindaLee wrote:

LindaLee wrote:

Is there a way we can make new posts pop such as the subject line in
caps to make it pop against all the spam that's found it's way into
this group?

I seldom see spam in this group. My newsservers filter it out. If you're
using google groups, they don't filter.- Hide quoted text -

sniff, sniff...here I am thinking I was all that signing up for the
Reader (Google) and what did I see when I used it...the same spam,
spam, spam. Since some of us do see it and others don't I will just
be quiet about the whole thing. But for those lucky ones I will just
say there's a good 10 to 12 pieces of spam each day to purchase things
on E-bay.

..what you need is both a server and a news reader. I happen to use
Mozilla Thunderbird as my server, and news.eternal september.org as my
reader. Both are free, and seem to work well, filtering out the spam.
Perhaps one of our more computer-savvy posters can give you step-by-step
directions for how to get there.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans
Old April 30th 10, 07:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzeeq

"suzeeq" wrote in message

LindaLee wrote:
Is there a way we can make new posts pop such as the subject line in
caps to make it pop against all the spam that's found it's way into
this group?
I seldom see spam in this group. My newsservers filter it out. If you're
using google groups, they don't filter.- Hide quoted text -

sniff, sniff...here I am thinking I was all that signing up for the
Reader (Google) and what did I see when I used it...the same spam,
spam, spam. Since some of us do see it and others don't I will just
be quiet about the whole thing. But for those lucky ones I will just
say there's a good 10 to 12 pieces of spam each day to purchase things
on E-bay.

You need a newsserver where you can read posts on your mail program.
There's several free ones, aioe.org and eternal-september.org. Go to the
websites and see how to configure the reader to use them.
Old April 30th 10, 07:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzeeq

Olwyn.Mary wrote:
LindaLee wrote:

LindaLee wrote:

[...]

That's what I use, mostly eternal-september with nntp.aioe.org as a back
up. They filter out the junk on most of my groups. Some of the groups
just get an inordinate amount of spam that the filters are slow to
catch, but for most groups nearly all of it is filtered out.
Old May 1st 10, 02:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Apr 30, 2:29*pm, suzeeq wrote:
Olwyn.Mary wrote:
LindaLee wrote:

LindaLee wrote:

[...]

catch, but for most groups nearly all of it is filtered out.- Hide quoted text -

I will take my time and look at all the input you gave me. Thank you!

wondering KJ Quilting 0 June 20th 08 06:54 PM
Just wondering Purplenova Yarn 33 January 24th 07 02:56 AM
Not OT, just wondering Ginger in CA Quilting 13 June 7th 06 04:49 AM
Wondering..... Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 23 February 29th 04 11:51 PM
Just Wondering Sandy Best Yarn 26 August 21st 03 06:01 PM