EU flag motif fabric

Old July 22nd 16, 11:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jack Campin[_2_]

Default EU flag motif fabric

Google is not finding this for me.

I'm sure there must be such a thing as blue fabric with a close
repeat of the EU stars. Good cotton so it would make a shirt.

All I can find is photoshops of such designs or actual flags, and
no I don't intend to wrap myself in a 3'x5' piece of polyester.

(Motivation: we are going to Whitby Folk Week next month, and
north-east England was ****wit Central over the Brexit vote.
This is to make a statement).

Old July 23rd 16, 05:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Night Mist

On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 6:33:28 PM UTC-4, Jack Campin wrote:
Google is not finding this for me.

I'm sure there must be such a thing as blue fabric with a close
repeat of the EU stars. Good cotton so it would make a shirt.

All I can find is photoshops of such designs or actual flags, and
no I don't intend to wrap myself in a 3'x5' piece of polyester.

(Motivation: we are going to Whitby Folk Week next month, and
north-east England was ****wit Central over the Brexit vote.
This is to make a statement).

I've no joy of it either.
I even tried searching for draped bunting and pleated bunting, and found nothing. Both search engines I tried kept throwing variations on the Union Jack and St. George cross at me.

Given another month I would have volunteered to make you some, as it is a very simple design.

Do you have anyone near you that does resist pattern dyeing?
A batik artist could do it using plain beeswax or microcrystalline wax.

NightMist
Old July 24th 16, 02:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Janner

On 23/07/16 18:34, Night Mist wrote:
[...]

Closest I can find is readymade bunting

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MASSIVE-33...-/231925125830

Regards

Janner
France

One more motif Sunny[_2_] Quilting 4 November 18th 10 09:03 PM
ISO Military Motif Fabric Pat in Virginia Quilting 4 March 19th 05 07:12 PM
flag holders for flag quilts Allyson Brown Quilting 3 October 4th 04 10:44 PM
OT Flag Bunting Fabric DJDREVNA Quilting 7 September 19th 04 03:52 AM
rose motif Diana Curtis Quilting 11 June 3rd 04 06:54 PM