New member and question re knitted lace

Old January 20th 06, 04:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default OT Website Was: New member and question re knitted lace

Damn damn damn... I gave the wrong url for my new page. It's
www.africanbush.co.za/Grossi.htm
(blush)

Catherine

My web stats told me that 2 people visited about 70 pages each!!! LOL You
MUST love the animal pics! Just recently I did 2 tours to Kruger, and

have
just finished the web page for the last one:
www.africanbush.co.za/Tours/Grossi.htm

The one prior to that will take another day or so, and then I need to get
the pages up of the trip we did to Botswana/Zambia/Zimbabwe.

Old January 20th 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default New member and question re knitted lace

"Catherine Milton" skrev i melding
A couple of people have pointed me in the direction of the aran weight
shawl. It's beautiful. If I was inot making a shawl I would do that
one,
in the same weight, for myself.

Do people wear shawls in the rest of the world? It's not a very
African
thing, as far as I'm aware, but then home knitted clothing isn't very
in
here either. Don't shawls make overweight women look more overweight?

Not that I should even think about that, as I intend to lose 40kgs
this
year! lol

Catherine
Judy

Shawls and ponchoes are very "in" at the moment,
so I think we use it as long as it lasts!LOL!
OH, NO!!! if you wear a shawl, nobody
can guess what shape is under it,
at least that is what we have DECIDED to believe! LOL!!!
Higs!
AUD ;-)

Old January 21st 06, 02:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

In article ,
Shirley Shone wrote:
Catherine Milton writes
"Shirley Shone" wrote
I have a book that I bought 25 years ago. The Art of Shetland Lace
by Sarah Don.
There is a pretty scarf in there that is done in Shetland lace yarn.

Don't say that too loud or you may be mugged for it!! Judging by the prices
I saw on Amazon!

I did a google myself when I read your message and got a shock. One
place in USA had got it up for sale at $431.95 and on Amazon at $198.00
and $196.40.

Yet one sold recently on UK ebay for 17.50 GBP.

That's the difference between "price they're really hoping for" and
"price it will actually sell for".

Mine cost 6.95 GBP when I bought it. It is a 81 edition, hard back
with dust cover and in very good condition, no damage at all.
Maybe I should wrap it up and not put it back on the book shelf.

Use it. That's what it's for. But gently, of course.

=Tamar
Old January 22nd 06, 02:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

It didn't work, Catherine. I got the following error. /

Gemini

Object not found!
The requested URL was not found on this server. If you entered the URL
manually please check your spelling and try again.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 404
www.africanbush.co.za
Apache/2.0.53 (Fedora)

Old January 22nd 06, 07:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Yes, I fixed it since then. Since the first time I posted which was the
right url but I'd put it in the wrong place. The right url
www.africanbush.co.za/Tours/Grossi.htm

Sorry.

I've done the next one too - www.africanbush.co.za/Tours/Corti.htm

Catherine