I am ready to de-lurk!!

Old October 11th 03, 08:51 PM
Richard Eney

In article ,
Sarah Carter wrote:

I found the double bed sized blanket that I started knitting when I
joined this newsgroup. Some days I do have silly ideas. I'm knitting it
in one piece with stripes groing across the bed so I've got my stitches
on 4 needles which I keep swapping as I go along the row. At this rate
it will take me a number of years to complete, but what an heirloom eh?
*lol*

Think of it as an afghan: people do actually finish those. If you get a
really long circular needle the same size, you could use it to knit back
and forth and you wouldn't have to keep swapping the regular ones. Or if
you got two, it would lie relatively flat, so you could still check your
tension more easily.

=Tamar
Old October 12th 03, 01:31 AM
Katherine Burgess

Welcome, Kari.
We DO post a lot, and right now I don't have the time to keep up. I am going
to have to delete and start fresh, I think!
I only handknit - was never really interested in machine knitting. If you
have done it in the past, you will soon remember what you forgot.
Not even allowed to take a cross stitch needle on the plane??? Unreal!
Katherine

Old October 12th 03, 04:04 AM
JudyTurpin

Now I heard
something this morning on our local news that the US airlines are now allowing
knitting needles, crochet hooks and clippers on flights. BRBR

I heard this too.
JCT
Old October 12th 03, 04:34 AM
Cori

Speaking of no craft zones... Try getting into a courthouse with any of
that!

A few years before the metal crackdown I had jury duty and since I always
carry a big (and I mean BIG) purse I had all my crochet stuff in there.
Here I am sitting in the room waiting to do my part on jury duty when the
clerk tells me that they shouldn't have let me have my crochet in the
building! Being a rascal, I couldn't help myself (yes again!) and asked her
if they were all afraid I'd crochet someone to their chair. She dropped the
subject right there and then lol. And I got to continue crocheting!

Hugs,
Cori

--
Delete nospam to email me back

---

Old October 12th 03, 04:46 AM
Olwynmary

I had jury duty and since I always carry a big (and I mean BIG) purse I had
all my crochet stuff in there.

I had jury duty earlier this year, and carefully transferred my knitting to a
plastic circular needle, but forgot about the folding scissors. Now, these
scissors have blades less than an inch long, but I had to take them out. I
smiled sweetly at the security guard, and asked him if an overweight
middle-aged grandma knitting mittens for the babies was a danger to all these
felons, and he agreed to hold the scissors at the desk for me until the end of
the day. I retrieved them at the end of the day, and was careful not to put
them back in the workbag until jury duty was over.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.
Old October 12th 03, 09:43 AM
Anna MCM

Cori wrote:

Speaking of no craft zones... Try getting into a courthouse with any of
that!

Try to enter a bank in Italy LOL!
I donīt know in other countries, but in Italy we have to leave all
metallic stuff (keys, mobile telephone and so on) in boxes at the
entrance of the bank, otherwise a metal detector starts beeping...

A warm welcome to Kari and happy staying to all others,

Anna Maria
Old October 12th 03, 11:00 AM
JudyTurpin

Try to enter a bank in Italy LOL!
I donīt know in other countries, but in Italy we have to leave all
metallic stuff (keys, mobile telephone and so on) in boxes at the
entrance of the bank, otherwise a metal detector starts beeping...
BRBR

Entering a bank in Italy is a process different from that in any other country
we have visited -- always makes my husband a little nervous going through the
double doors.
JCT
Old October 12th 03, 11:43 AM
Anna MCM

JudyTurpin wrote:

Entering a bank in Italy is a process different from that in any other country
we have visited -- always makes my husband a little nervous going through the
double doors.
JCT

Hi Judi!

We had a horrible series of robberies in the 70s by Vallanzascaīs gang
first and Red Brigades associates after that. This metod reduced
robberies drastically, even if not completely.
It happened to me to forget the keys in my pocket, I was kindly pointed
put to let my stuff in the box (I donīt have le "physique du role" of a
robber, believe me), and that was all :-)
I hate the double doors as well. I always do something wrong and the
guard has always to help me (maybe itīs the simply thinking of going to
bank which makes me a bit nervous...).

Hugs,

Anna Maria
Old October 12th 03, 03:47 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Kari,

I love near Albany, not near your Mom.
Would you like your birthday added to my list? If so just drop me a note and
I'll add it to my calendar as I know it's in May.

Hugs,

Nora
Old October 12th 03, 05:01 PM
JudyTurpin

I hate the double doors as well. I always do something wrong and the
guard has always to help me (maybe itīs the simply thinking of going to
bank which makes me a bit nervous...). BRBR

Thanks for the background. I am sure it improves security for the bank - just
is a little scary when you aren't used to the procedure
JCT