I am ready to de-lurk!!

Old October 11th 03, 02:48 AM
Janise Ross

Welcome to the group, Kari! And you are right. It is a busy newsgroup. I
am just catching up on the almost 200 messages that came in today alone!

Janise, in upstate New York

Old October 11th 03, 03:45 AM
Myka KS

Hi Kari,

Welcome to the group! I just delurked myself not long ago. It is a very
warm and caring group of people that I am enjoying getting to know. . . and
the 6x6 exchange is a blast! Hope you'll sign up for it next month!

Blessings,
Myka in GA

--
Spam trap hint: contact me at the acronym
JustUnderNineOlives = juno

Old October 11th 03, 08:03 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Welcome Kari
Knitting will come back i am sure !!! if not ,,,,, this 24 hours open
University has loads of Expert teachers ready to answer Any questions
you have ... mirjam
I just ironed Daughter`s curtains from last flat , will repair them ,
shorten them and make them ready for her to pick up .... All in all
making them 4 years ago in White linnen was a good idea ,,, they last
well and are neat. i will now work them with Bias ribbon ,,,

Hello Group,

I have been here all the time but have spent the last 2 weeks reading and
learning about this wonderful community. You do "post" a lot, and I only
have a few hours after work to sit at my computer!!

I have many questions which will all come out in due course, but right now I
need to know what all the initials mean:-
FO - when talking about WIP projects
DH, DS, SO etc - when talking about people
and the BIG ONE....
How do you Hand Knit???
Not really . I haven't hand knitted for about 25 years, but I'm sure it
will come back to me when I find some needles!

I have been machine knitting since 1971, but I don't think that will be
suitable for 6x6 (too fiddly).
Cross-stitch is my portable craft - I used to use it to pass the time during
the flights to New York to see my Mom. But ever since 9/11, UK security will
not allow me to take the sewing needle/scissors on the plane.

Speak to you soon,
Kari (in the UK)

Old October 11th 03, 08:06 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Hallo Sarah nice to read you again where did you hide ?????
mirjam

Old October 11th 03, 02:21 PM
Sarah Carter

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote in message =

Hallo Sarah nice to read you again where did you hide ?????=20

Me?

I've been knitting! I've finished off the jumper that I started in =
February for my husband, Stu. But I'm still working on the photo.=20

I found the double bed sized blanket that I started knitting when I =
joined this newsgroup. Some days I do have silly ideas. I'm knitting it =
in one piece with stripes groing across the bed so I've got my stitches =
on 4 needles which I keep swapping as I go along the row. At this rate =
it will take me a number of years to complete, but what an heirloom eh? =
*lol*

Sarah
--=20

Old October 11th 03, 03:50 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Kari,

Just wanted to pop in and say welcome to you, glad you delurked. Now I heard
something this morning on our local news that the US airlines are now allowing
knitting needles, crochet hooks and clippers on flights. There were other
things mentioned too, but I knew the group would want to know this.

Hugs,

Nora
Old October 11th 03, 04:57 PM
Pirjo Ilvesvuori

Waaahoueeeeeeeee! *jumping up and down* I am so happy!
Best: Pirjo
NoraBalcer kirjoitti

Old October 11th 03, 06:49 PM
Kari

Thanks Nora,
I don't think I'm as "energetic" as Pirjo ROTFL; but that is wonderful
news. Now where's my travel agent - I feel a Cross-Stitch urge coming on -
so need and 8 hour flight.
--

Kari (in the UK)
SpamTrap: I will have "no spam" emailed to me!

Old October 11th 03, 07:12 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Kari,

I think you said you flew to NY, well what part of this state as I'm from there
and so is Janise.

Hugs,

Nora
Old October 11th 03, 07:29 PM
Kari

My Mom lives in Parkchester in the Bronx. I try to get there every year.
Normally go early May (our birthdays and Mother's Day are in the same
fortnight).
I haven't made it this year, been to see other family members in other parts
of the world.