Looking for a pattern

Old March 24th 10, 10:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
constantmac

Default Looking for a pattern

Hi, it's been a while since I've visited her. I used to do cross
stitch quite a few years ago, but stopped when my carpel tunnel got
bad. I've getting back into it now (although now it seems the eyes
aren't waht they used to be either!).

I'm looking for a particular pattern. I saw it at the Woodlawn
Needlework Exhibition on Flickr and just fell in love. But I haven't
seen the pattern anywhere. Possibly it's not available, but if it is,
I'd really like to get it.

Here is the link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/preserv...7623455198693/

It has a verse at the bottom that start out with : He who has an old
house never loves in vein...

If anyone can help me, please, I'd really appreciate it.

thanks,
Marlene
Old March 25th 10, 12:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

constantmac wrote:
Hi, it's been a while since I've visited her. I used to do cross
stitch quite a few years ago, but stopped when my carpel tunnel got
bad. I've getting back into it now (although now it seems the eyes
aren't waht they used to be either!).

I'm looking for a particular pattern. I saw it at the Woodlawn
Needlework Exhibition on Flickr and just fell in love. But I haven't
seen the pattern anywhere. Possibly it's not available, but if it is,
I'd really like to get it.

Here is the link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/preserv...7623455198693/

It has a verse at the bottom that start out with : He who has an old
house never loves in vein...

If anyone can help me, please, I'd really appreciate it.

thanks,
Marlene

I can't help, but we have a couple of really skilled ladies who
demonstrate, and exhibit, at Woodlawn. I am sure Donna or Ellice can
help you.

Gillian

Old March 25th 10, 11:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

http://www.flickr.com/photos/preserv...et-72157623455
198693/

It has a verse at the bottom that start out with : He who has an old
house never loves in vein...

If anyone can help me, please, I'd really appreciate it.

thanks,
Marlene

I can't help, but we have a couple of really skilled ladies who
demonstrate, and exhibit, at Woodlawn. I am sure Donna or Ellice can
help you.

Gillian

Thanks Gill, for the kind words. I'm planning on being at Woodlawn on
Friday - so I'll take a looke. Donna has already been there. The other
thing is that with the program, or at least the entry number, you can write
to Woodlawn/Nelly's and they will eventually contact the entrant and get the
pattern information back to you. I believe there is a link on the
Woodlawn1805 site that you can use to contact them. In the past they've
been very good about it (I know, as I had to provide several pattern names
to them).

Ellice

Old March 25th 10, 01:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

http://www.flickr.com/photos/preserv...397/in/set-721...

It has a verse at the bottom that start out with : He who has an old
house never loves in vein...

If anyone can help me, please, I'd really appreciate it.

thanks,
Marlene

This piece was exhibited by In Stitches so I have sent them a note.
Should hear back today or tomorrow?

Donna in Virginia
Old March 25th 10, 02:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

constantmac wrote:
Hi, it's been a while since I've visited her. I used to do cross
stitch quite a few years ago, but stopped when my carpel tunnel got
bad. I've getting back into it now (although now it seems the eyes
aren't waht they used to be either!).

I'm looking for a particular pattern. I saw it at the Woodlawn
Needlework Exhibition on Flickr and just fell in love. But I haven't
seen the pattern anywhere. Possibly it's not available, but if it is,
I'd really like to get it.

Here is the link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/preserv...7623455198693/

It has a verse at the bottom that start out with : He who has an old
house never loves in vein...

If anyone can help me, please, I'd really appreciate it.

thanks,
Marlene

I think it may be "Old Aviary Sampler" from issues of Antique Sampler
and Needlework Quarterly. If you google "old aviary sampler" you'll find
some blogs about it (if this is the one you're talking about), and maybe
one of those kind folks would be willing to sell their back issues after
they're done.

sue

--
Susan Hartman
Old March 25th 10, 07:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
constantmac

Thanks everyone,
You've been very helpful. That's exactly the type of info I was
looking for.
Now I have somewhere to start from.
This group always was the best help!
Thanks again.
Marlene
Old March 25th 10, 09:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

I think it may be "Old Aviary Sampler" from issues of Antique Sampler
and Needlework Quarterly. If you google "old aviary sampler" you'll find
some blogs about it (if this is the one you're talking about), and maybe
one of those kind folks would be willing to sell their back issues after
they're done.

sue

--
Susan Hartman

Sue is right and I had this info confirmed by In Stitches.

Old Aviary Sampler. It was published in the Sampler & Antique Sampler
Magazine over 4 issues - #43-46 - Summer 2006 to Spring 2007

Donna in Virginia