Image wouldn't transfer

Old April 3rd 07, 04:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
[email protected]

Default Image wouldn't transfer

Hi all.
Kinda new to this, but opened my big mouth at work and now I'm in a
pickle.

I am trying to transfer an image onto some TLS and it didn't work yet.
Here's what I did:

Squirted some TLS on a piece of glass.

Levelled it out by pushing it around with a craft stick to make an
even "sheet" of TLS

Placed my image toner down on top of the TLS and gently pressed it in
and evened out. I made sure it was touching the entire image by
picking it up and looking at the underside.
(The image was printed on a Xerox Phaser 7300 Color laser printer on
regular copy paper)

Let it sit that way for about 5 minutes

Put it in the oven at around 285-300 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.

Now...
When I took it out I immediately tried to peel off the paper. It
didn't seem to transfer. The paper wouldn't separate from the sheet of
TLS. It did peel up from the glass.

In the interest of time I think I will just try the burnish and bake
method, even though the results seem to not be not nearly as colorful.
But I want this to work because what I did get out of it makes me
think that it will be a cool skill to have once I "get it".

Sorry if this was covered already, but I couldn't easily find it and
I'm in a time crunch.
Thanks in advance
MAD

Old April 3rd 07, 09:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

There are a lot of helpful hints he
http://www.glassattic.com/polymer/transfers.htm

Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Votary

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

http://www.penguintrax.com and http://www.backseatgrammarian.com
NEW! http://www.polymerclayworkshops.com

Old April 4th 07, 11:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Sarah

The Phaser printer is a wax based, not a toner based ink. It won't
work. You'll have to find a different printer for your project (or
make color toner copies)

Old April 4th 07, 09:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Dicon[_2_]

"Sarah" wrote in message
oups.com...
The Phaser printer is a wax based, not a toner based ink. It won't
work. You'll have to find a different printer for your project (or
make color toner copies)

Placed my image toner down on top of the TLS and gently pressed it in
and evened out. I made sure it was touching the entire image by
picking it up and looking at the underside.
(The image was printed on a Xerox Phaser 7300 Color laser printer on
regular copy paper)

Not sure if this is Bad Craft (person)ship or super wheeze...
I coat a pre fired plaque of Sculpy with a liquid Sculpy, put the computer
generated image onto the surface, cover with more Liquid Sculpy, then cook.
Works for me with no loss of image integrity.
The image is then embedded into the resin.
Worth a try.

--
Jackdaw, collector of facts, trivia and bright twinkly things
my addy is

Old April 5th 07, 01:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
twinkiesmom

On Apr 4, 3:16 pm, "Dicon" wrote:
"Sarah" wrote in message

oups.com...

The Phaser printer is a wax based, not a toner based ink. It won't
work. You'll have to find a different printer for your project (or
make color toner copies)

Placed my image toner down on top of the TLS and gently pressed it in
and evened out. I made sure it was touching the entire image by
picking it up and looking at the underside.
(The image was printed on a Xerox Phaser 7300 Color laser printer on
regular copy paper)

I would got to a Kinkos and get a color copy.

I always do my image transfers paper side down...liquid polymer clay
on top...The clay self levels.

I don't like TLS because it's more opaque. Kato liquid or Fimo gel
(personal fav) are more clear.

Image transfer to ring...help.. [email protected] Polymer Clay 8 April 5th 07 01:40 PM
OT?:Image Hosting glass guy Beads 6 January 20th 06 03:57 PM
Transfer Coin / Token Impressions to Rubber Stamp Form... Could someone inform me as to how it might be possible to transfer the impression on a coin (actually, small brass arcade tokens) to a functional rubber stamp? I wish to do exactly this wi Dr. Sooz Rubberstamps 4 August 1st 05 03:17 AM
Transfer Coin / Token Impressions to Rubber Stamp Form... Couldsomeone inform me as to how it might be possible to transfer the impressionon a coin (actually, small brass arcade tokens) to a functional rubber stamp?I wish to do exactly this with Barbara Hass Rubberstamps 1 July 31st 05 09:13 PM
Image transfer mermaidscove_com Polymer Clay 8 February 27th 05 10:04 AM