How Sad!!

Old July 6th 09, 06:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

Default How Sad!!

In message , Marilee M
writes
Good morning Shirley! Well have no idea what time it is in England, but
whatever hope this finds you feeling good. I know you have tried to
revive the group and I truly thought you might have succeeded but after
a few posts, Nothing!!! I do beaded cabs but have to admit so busy
trying to clear out years of craft supplies that haven't touched a bead
(except to buy more) for months!!!! It is an addiction!!!
Marilee

Well it is morning now and I have just struggled to get up.

I too have done many crafts in the past and am trying to get rid of some
of the things I have. I know I shall never do some of them anymore.

Since my health as deteriorated over the last 18 months. Been rushed in
hospital 5 times with heart problems. I have another cross to bear.

The results of my MRI scan two weeks ago showed that I have a bulging
disc in my spine in the lumber region. That is the cause of the
excruciating back and leg pains I have been suffering for 10 months.
The only solution is surgery but alas my heart may not stand up to it.
A tough decision to make, risk my life or be in pain for the rest of it.
I have been to an osteopath but he cannot help me.

So I keep myself busy with Genealogy and occasional beadwork.

Any one can feel free to e-mail me and I will reply when I can.
Address below,
Hugs
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old July 6th 09, 12:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dwyn

well - I thought I'd de-lurk and say hi. I didn't realize that this
used to be a very active list - I'm sure I don't remember subscribing
to it - but I started getting little emails that there were posts. I
was very sorry to hear about the passing of Shannon Hill - I'm glad
someone posted it here.

I'm a lampworker in Canada - my interesting in beads and jewelry
started when I used to collect vintage costume jewelry and has sort of
gotten out of hand from there! I am closely associated with beadfx.com
- (disclosure - but I really do believe in the store so when I
recommend it - it is truly heartfelt!) which is a bead store in
Canada. It's online and a brick and mortar store - I do the website
and also teach lampworking classes. And I'm should be actually writing
my Monday blog post instead of reading here!

Shirley - you have my deepest sympathy on the heart and back thing.
That's a scary place to be - but you are right - living in pain is no
way to go.

My other obsession is dogs - I have 3. You have no idea what an effort
it is to stop there and not say more. ;-)
Old July 6th 09, 04:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

In message
, Dwyn
writes
[...]

Welcome to the group, so good of you to de-lurk

We used to be really active, more than a 1000 posts at one time.
We had great fun doing swaps, making bracelets, necklaces and exchanging
them. Also had a wand swap.
Then we had BFNR ( beads for no reason) when we sent a package of beads
to someone we thought needed when.

I actually got the first package but it really was for a reason that
time. It was when I had the 6 stents put in my heart.
The card said From our hearts to your heart. I still have it and also
still a lot of the beads that came with it. Some are in jewellery and
other I still fondle.

We had a Shirley's Spoon club whereby I used to send an antique salt or
mustard spoon used for scooping up beads. I used to enclosed them in
parcels. I would get them from antique fairs.

How I wish that those day were back but I doubt if they ever will be.

I have a RCB gallery of peoples photos over my work bench and I can look
up and see them every day.
Hugs
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old July 8th 09, 03:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Dwyn

We used to be really active, more than a 1000 posts at one time.
We had great fun doing swaps, making bracelets, necklaces and exchanging
them. Also had a wand swap.
Then we had BFNR ( beads for no reason) when we sent a package of beads
to someone we thought needed when.

I actually got the first package but it really was for a reason that
time. It was when I had the 6 stents put in my heart.
The card said From our hearts to your heart. I still have it and also
still a lot of the beads that came with it. Some are in jewellery and
other I still fondle.

We had a Shirley's Spoon club whereby I used to send an antique salt or
mustard spoon used for scooping up beads. I used to enclosed them in
parcels. I would get them from antique fairs.

How I wish that those day were back but I doubt if they ever will be.

How cool is that? I really do find that bead people are the best!

I think there is a lot of dilution now - there are so many forums and
places and ways to share online - you can't do them all - and news
groups, unfortunately - just aren't as sexy or user accessible as
thinks like, say - Facebook, blogs, etc.

Old July 9th 09, 04:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
~Candace~

You had to mention the wand swap, and that brought me out of the
woodwork, Shirley I can't recall who got my wand, but man do I feel
bad for them. It was so terrible!!! I used poly clay...and let's just
say that I should have waited a year or two before attempting to make
anything out of that medium, for anyone but myself! LOL I still have
the lovely wand that was sent to me, tho...a beautifully bead-soup
beaded hairstick, that I do use in my hair for a bit of a pick me up

My thoughts are with you, my friend, and yes, I still want to be you
when I grow up

~Candace~

Shirley Shone wrote:
In message
, Dwyn
writes

Old July 9th 09, 07:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

Dear Candace, it does my heart good to see you post.

You can be me but without the health problems, I would not wish them on
anyone.

Arondelle made my wand and I made one for Tina.
My wand sits alongside of me as I type.

Hugs to you my dear friend.
Shirley

In message , ~Candace~
writes
You had to mention the wand swap, and that brought me out of the
woodwork, Shirley I can't recall who got my wand, but man do I feel
bad for them. It was so terrible!!! I used poly clay...and let's just
say that I should have waited a year or two before attempting to make
anything out of that medium, for anyone but myself! LOL I still have
the lovely wand that was sent to me, tho...a beautifully bead-soup
beaded hairstick, that I do use in my hair for a bit of a pick me up

My thoughts are with you, my friend, and yes, I still want to be you
when I grow up

~Candace~

Shirley Shone wrote:
In message
,
Dwyn writes

Old July 9th 09, 10:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kathy King

On Jul 9, 11:40*am, ~Candace~
wrote:
You had to mention the wand swap, and that brought me out of the
woodwork, Shirley *I can't recall who got my wand, but man do I feel
bad for them. *It was so terrible!!! *I used poly clay...and let's just
say that I should have waited a year or two before attempting to make
anything out of that medium, for anyone but myself! *LOL *I still have
the lovely wand that was sent to me, tho...a beautifully bead-soup
beaded hairstick, that I do use in my hair for a bit of a pick me up

My thoughts are with you, my friend, and yes, I still want to be you
when I grow up

~Candace~

Shirley Shone wrote:
In message
, Dwyn
writes
[...]

Shirley- Hide quoted text -

I go the wand candace! And i's really noit hat bad - I haveit one
the dash of my car with my other car decorations!

And yeah Shirley's post about he wand swap got my attention too - that
I saw on LE (I think ) a mentionb of good ol rcb!

I have pics from the wand swap I'll see if I can find the link!

Kathy K (KDK)
Old July 9th 09, 10:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kathy King

On Jul 9, 2:13*pm, Shirley Shone
wrote:
[...]

Shirley Shone wrote:
In message
,
Dwyn writes
[...]

Hey Shirley!!!!

Sorry to hear about your health problems. Know that I am sending
soft, gentle, hugs your way!

Kathy K (KDK)
Old July 9th 09, 10:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kathy King

On Jul 9, 5:32*pm, Kathy King wrote:
On Jul 9, 11:40*am, ~Candace~
wrote:

You had to mention the wand swap, and that brought me out of the
woodwork, Shirley *I can't recall who got my wand, but man do I feel
bad for them. *It was so terrible!!! *I used poly clay...and let's just
say that I should have waited a year or two before attempting to make
anything out of that medium, for anyone but myself! *LOL *I still have
the lovely wand that was sent to me, tho...a beautifully bead-soup
beaded hairstick, that I do use in my hair for a bit of a pick me up

My thoughts are with you, my friend, and yes, I still want to be you
when I grow up

~Candace~

Shirley Shone wrote:
In message
, Dwyn
writes
[...]

Kathy K (KDK)- Hide quoted text -

and I still can't type!!!!!!
Old July 9th 09, 11:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
~Candace~

Ohhhhhhhh, Kathy. Someday, I will make you a new wand, I promise. (I
could even use poly clay again and have it come out well this time!
hahahaha)