Looking for...

Old May 6th 09, 06:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
KenK

Default Looking for...

I don't know how to describe this. Take a ring, like a jump ring soldered
shut, not a finger ring. Put another ring into it at right angles - looks
like an 'X' in end view, circle with a line across middle from the side.
I could take two rings and a soldering iron and make one of these, but
the problem would be finding a ring of correct size to fit within the
other. If the same size one would need to have a slight flattening or
indent on opposite sides.

Can anyone figure out what I'm trying to describe? If so, anyone ever see
these? Prefer plated, not silver or gold (too expensive for enough of
them for my objective). I suspect I'll have to make my own.

TIA

Ken

Old May 8th 09, 06:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
KenK

Nope. Perhaps a rosary.

Ken

"The Rock of Ages" wrote in
:

Old May 9th 09, 01:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Sterling[_3_]

I haven't got the faintest idea what you are trying to describe. This might be why you haven't had
many responses so far. Think you can draw a picture and post it so we can get a better idea of it
is??

Sterling

"KenK" wrote in message ...
Nope. Perhaps a rosary.

Ken

"The Rock of Ages" wrote in
:

Old May 9th 09, 04:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Henry[_2_]

I don't know how to describe this. Take a ring, like a jump ring
soldered shut, not a finger ring. Put another ring into it at right
angles - looks like an 'X' in end view, circle with a line across
middle from the side.
TIA
Ken

Sounds like you want to join two rings with the plane of each ring at
90 degrees. You want one ring to have it's outside diameter the same
size as the inside diameter of the second ring. You would then put
the smaller inside the larger and solder such that you get the 90
degree plane.

If you end up making your own, would you create a nicer looking ring
cage by having both rings the same diameter and cutting the second
ring in half and soldering both halves to the first ring.

Not sure how hard my suggestion would be since I have never done this
type of soldering. Sounds interesting though.

Well that is my take on what you said.

Henry
Old May 9th 09, 06:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
KenK

Henry wrote in news:46865649-4aa0-455d-b0e6-
:

[...]

Exactly what I was trying to describe.

Agreed. Yours would be an excellent method. But I want about 60 of these
- too much persnickety work for a lazy lout like me. Hence I was hoping
someone sold them at a reasonable price.

Ken

Old May 9th 09, 06:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
KenK

Look at Henry's response.

Ken

"Sterling" wrote in
:

I haven't got the faintest idea what you are trying to describe. This
might be why you haven't had many responses so far. Think you can
draw a picture and post it so we can get a better idea of it is??

Sterling

"KenK" wrote in message
Nope. Perhaps a rosary.

Ken

"The Rock of Ages" wrote in
:

Old May 9th 09, 08:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

It sounds like you want a kind of bead "cage." Perhaps you
can find those online, and then cut them apart so you only
have the two bits that are 90 degrees to each other.

HTH! Susan in DC