What should I make

Old March 27th 09, 03:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
binh

Default What should I make

I received a lot of upholstery grade fabric samples made by Malden
Mills from a very generous lady. The fabrics are mostly velvet. Now
I need ideas on what to make. The samples are either 2ft or 1ft
squares, and there are probably 100 of them! First off, I'm going to
piece the larger pieces together to make a king size bedspread, but
that's all I have. Any other ideas ? The other problem is I only
have a relatively lightweight machine, so I'm guessing I can't sew two
layers of these fabrics together, going to use a muslin backing, and
sew the samples to it, w/ pretty trims covering up the seams. Thx.
Old March 28th 09, 04:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Olwyn.Mary

binh wrote:
I received a lot of upholstery grade fabric samples made by Malden
Mills from a very generous lady. The fabrics are mostly velvet. Now
I need ideas on what to make. The samples are either 2ft or 1ft
squares, and there are probably 100 of them! First off, I'm going to
piece the larger pieces together to make a king size bedspread, but
that's all I have. Any other ideas ? The other problem is I only
have a relatively lightweight machine, so I'm guessing I can't sew two
layers of these fabrics together, going to use a muslin backing, and
sew the samples to it, w/ pretty trims covering up the seams. Thx.

A patchwork vest or jacket, a cushion cover (pillow top), a bunch of
tote bags or handbags.........even a lightweight domestic machine should
be able to handle two layers, especially if you go slowly.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans
Old March 31st 09, 03:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
binh

On Mar 31, 6:41*am, wrote:
Curtains , a nice long skirt , cushions , bags , A Bath robe , Bed
side rugs ,, etc
mirjam

Thx. Cushions and bags I can make!
Old March 31st 09, 09:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
[email protected]

mirjam

Thx. *Cushions and bags I can make!

Curtains are easy !!! you measure the window /door , for width you
need at least 1.5 times more or up yo 2.5 more than the measured
width , length is height + seams , if you add RIngs [ wood /plastic] +
a wooden rod ,, you have a Curtain ,,
mirjam