identifying beads

Old February 15th 04, 10:34 PM
Carla

Default identifying beads

I was wondering if someone could help with this -

I found/purchased some beads and I don't remember where I got them or
what they're made of. They were mixed in with other African beads.
They're not wood, and I'm pretty sure they're not bone. Could y'all
take a look and give me some idea of what they might be?

http://home.earthlink.net/~sardonyx/.../earrings8.jpg

And could someone tell me - what is "mudbone"?

Thanks,
Carla

Old February 15th 04, 10:51 PM
Christina Peterson

I would guess those beads are horn. Have no idea what "mudbone" is. Sounds
like a good candidite for a google search.

Tina

ink.net...

Old February 15th 04, 11:17 PM
Mj

The beads look like horn, and Mudbone is an instrumental song by Santana OR
a southern band formerly known as Straightjacket Smile. Sorry, couldn't
find a beady reference to "mudbone." =

Mj

ink.net...

Old February 15th 04, 11:37 PM
Margie

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 22:34:56 GMT, Carla
wrote:

And could someone tell me - what is "mudbone"?

Interesting! I found a couple of pictures, is this what they look
like? These are mud beads.
http://kilimanjaroarts.com/b23.htm

Then I found mud beads listed on this site, #91 under their bone and
horn category.

Now to find the origin. g

--
Margie
http://www.handcraftedjewelry.com/st...asp?userid=261

Old February 16th 04, 02:07 AM
Pam

yup, looks like horn to me. Pretty earrings

--
Pam Brisse
The Blue Between - hand crafted jewelry and bead art

"Christina Peterson" wrote in message
I would guess those beads are horn. Have no idea what "mudbone" is.

Sounds
like a good candidite for a google search.

Tina

ink.net...

Old February 16th 04, 05:50 AM
Carla

Pam wrote:
yup, looks like horn to me. Pretty earrings

Thank you very much!

And thanks to all for the responses. Okay, horn it is

I hope to be putting up my first commercial website "real soon now" and
want to be able to give accurate info about the pieces.

Cheers,
Carla