M' queens and ladies

Old October 23rd 03, 04:32 AM
Diana Curtis

It will become apparent with time where you fit in here. There is no need to
think up a title because it will just settle on you like dust. :-)
I am not royalty. I am The Lady Who Lies in Wait, I follow after the royals
on their stash raids and either trip them and scoop up what falls or just
pick up on the overflow. Im a lazy raider.
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Shona in NZ" wrote in message
Makes perfect sense!

Shona can't think of what to put here in NZ
"Jalynne" wrote in message
nk.net...
Because supposedly we move a lot with DH in the Navy...although,

ironically, we
didn't move when we were supposed to in April, because he was assigned

another
base nearby. It's weird. But I'm always wandering anyway...so it still

fits.
--
Jalynne

"Shona in NZ" wrote in message
And why did you choose Gypsy?

Shona enjoying this thread in NZ

"Jalynne" wrote in message
nk.net...
As any good gypsy would do, I just took mine...hehe.
--
Jalynne

"Shona in NZ" wrote in message
For those of us who are new(ish in my case), how did you earn your
titles?

Shona avoiding work in NZ

--
reply to shonalaatcleardotnetdotnz

Old October 23rd 03, 04:37 AM
Sharon Harper

such as?????

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html
"Shona in NZ" wrote in message
Heehee, I thought that might get a response from you. I hope you didn't
choke on anything when you gasped!

Shona who can think of lots of other things DU can stand for in NZ

"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
(royal gasp of horror) Yes DU is definitely Down Under. 'sides you can
only have dirty undies if you wear them! ROFLOL!!!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under) (rushing off to

change
siggy line)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html
Member of the Houston 2004 Party Animals
"Shona in NZ" wrote in message
Sharon,

I sure hope that DU stands for 'Down Under' and not some other!? If

it
is,
I believe you should keep the title :-)

Shona hoping DU isn't Dirty Undies snort snort in NZ

"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
u...
Actually, I don't remember! I am happy to renounce my throne should
someone
more worthy show themselves!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)

Old October 23rd 03, 06:07 AM
Jalynne

Well......most of the trip was uneventful, and i really didn't get much quilting
done...kept sleeping in the car...LOL. Keep in mind, too, that I had sprained my
left knee three days before we left. This is the abridged version, since i'm sure
you don't want to see my entire travel journal.

First day we started out...drove to Medford, OR, where we would spend the night.
Was nice and sunny...no big deal. Second day of driving, we didn't have as far to
go, as we were spending the night at a friend's house in N. California. We stopped
at a couple places along the way to look at nature. One place we stopped was Castle
Crags State Park. (I'm going to be putting up pictures on my website
somewhere....I'll let you know.) There is a mountain peak there of solid granite
that kinda looks like a castle, and the river below has a mineral spring. Very
facinating, and useful for homeschooling information. Third day of driving, we
headed to Fallon, NV, where we were staying for a few days with DH's grandmother. We
had a good time of playing cards together (pinochle...lots and lots of pinochle).
Dh's youngest sister lives there with her two sons, so we got to spend some time with
them.

Then we headed back across the Sierras to Fresno of all places. DD's godparents live
there, so we try to visit with them once each year. They own a cabin at Shaver Lake,
and we spent a weekend there, hiking, sightseeing, etc. It was relaxing. On the
13th, I FINALLY got free for a couple of hours to head over to Quilter's Paradise,
where I met Scott, first. He'd gotten the day off. We talked for a little bit,
waiting for Butterfly, whose DD was driving her up from Bakersfield. I didn't wanna
start shopping without having everyone present. After what seemed like forever
(although, in reality, was probably only 15 minutes...LOL), Butterfly arrived. Both
she and Scott were very much the way I had pictured them in my mind. I remain
convinced that quilters are the most generous, nuttiest people in the world.
Butterfly told me to have plenty of money to shop with, that's true. Unfortunately,
I honestly wasn't in the mood to shop, since it was near the end of our trip, and i
was a bit tired. But i got very tempted by many things...and did buy a few things.
A few fq's of ballerina fabric, one of ocean fabric, a half yard of wine fabric (for
a wall hanging i want to make for our "winery" downstairs.) a seahorse button, two
Scottish thistle buttons and a quilt book (PS: I Love You Three). We walked down to
the Corner Cafe for lunch, where we chatted some more. It was a really wonderful
time, a break from the craziness of our trip, and it ended all too soon. DH had
scheduled our time very tightly, so I couldn't stay as long as I wanted, but I will
treasure what little time we had.

The following day, we started on our drive home, visiting both of my grandmothers on
the way. Fortunately, plans changed and we were unable to spend the night with
either of them (don't ask...long story, that you really wouldn't want to hear) and
got further north than we'd planned. We arrived in Oregon, at my parents' house,
where DH got to go golfing with my dad, and i got to go shopping with my mom, and i
was able to make certain that my M/W sewing machine was serviced and had the proper
parts replaced. I'll go pick it up next month. The day before we were supposed to
leave, I developed a bladder infection and had to go to the ER, which fortunately was
just across the freeway from my parents' house...less than a mile. (feeling much
better now, by the way)

We came home, and I was exhausted...WE're still unpacking. Trying to get back into
the swing of things...and not doing very well at it, but i persevere. I will be
doing some quilting and sewing this week, and next week, i'll be working on making
all my Christmas gifts so i can mail them out early enough. They're already planned
out, i just have to do it.

So there i am...not quite caught up, but getting there.
--
Jalynne

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
Yep, Im waiting too. I had to miss out on the instant message hen fest.
Diana, tapping foot impatiently

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Butterfly" wrote in message
And some of us are still waiting to hear what you thought of your last
'wanderings'......
Butterfly (and waiting and waiting and....)

Jalynne wrote:
Because supposedly we move a lot with DH in the Navy...although,

ironically, we
didn't move when we were supposed to in April, because he was assigned

to another

Old October 23rd 03, 01:04 PM
Queen of Squishies

Granny is the bestest royal title in the whole wide world!

http://www.karentucker.com/mod.php?m...4&album_ id=8

(bottom left)

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
My reply address is scrambled. Please change my
address to hicall80 at earthlink dot net

Old October 23rd 03, 01:06 PM
Queen of Squishies

See? Aren't you glad you asked? You can never assume anything about
royalty! (chuckle)

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old October 23rd 03, 01:08 PM
Queen of Squishies

You know I think I'm half gypsy myself. I just took mine too. Ahhhhh the
freedom of gypsy life!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old October 23rd 03, 01:11 PM
Queen of Squishies

Yep, Shona, that's exactly right! If you have a title hidden in there
somewhere it'll just come out some day! No one had to sit and think and
think and think of one. I don't believe you'll read that in any of the
stories. By the way, I am enjoying these stories too! Fun!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old October 23rd 03, 01:12 PM
Queen of Squishies

There was an instant message hen fest? Aww! I miss out on the funnest
things sometimes!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old October 23rd 03, 01:27 PM
Kate Dicey

Shona in NZ wrote:

For those of us who are new(ish in my case), how did you earn your titles?

Shona avoiding work in NZ

--
reply to shonalaatcleardotnetdotnz

I was given mine for doling out chocolate buttons. I have some in
stock, but depression has kept me away from the post office recently. I
WAS feeling better, but contracted a stinky cold in Coventry at the
weekend, so am now feeling more miserable and my sinuses are hurting.
GRR! I think my next title will be Grumpy Ole Witch! ;P
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk