Things I love about needlework ...

Old March 22nd 04, 07:23 PM
Little Black Bird

Default Things I love about needlework ...

I was going to call this things I love about cross-stitch, but I think some
of it applies to all kinds of embroidery:

I love the way the stitches all "sit" on top of the ground fabric ... as if
they were just barely lying on top.

I love the way the light runs along the thread, and it's hard to keep myself
from "petting" all my cross stitched pieces.

I love how soothing it is to be able to sit and stitch.

I love knowing that I'm making a piece of history. Assuming that my
recipients all properly care for the pieces, this is something they could
point to in a hundred years and say "your great-aunt did this."

I love hoops. I feel so much like a fantasy princess, sitting and stitching
like a noble lady would.

I love looking at my box of threads, all neatly wound around bobbins and
numbered.

I love, love, love metallic threads and beads! So pretty!

I love my nice sharp scissors. Snip snip!

I love the thread aisle in the crafting store. I don't love not being able
to buy them all.

Okay, let's be honest: I love my "stash" in general.

I love my "free charts" folder, stuffed full of things I plan to do,
someday.

Rachel

Old March 22nd 04, 07:29 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 3/22/04 2:23 PM, in article u2H7c.63271$SR1.107183@attbi_s04, "Little
Black Bird" wrote:

[...]

I wish you could see the big smile on my face!
Cheryl - avoiding the vacuuming that needs to be done.

Old March 22nd 04, 07:51 PM
Bertha

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 19:23:06 GMT, Little Black Bird
muttered something like:

I was going to call this things I love about cross-stitch, but I think some
of it applies to all kinds of embroidery:

Just to add another: I love that it can be easily set aside and picked up
again later after whatever minor crisis arose has been dealt with.

-Bertha
--
ERROR: ERROR: ERROR: ERROR: ERROR: {SMACK} C:\
Old March 22nd 04, 07:58 PM
Karen C - California

In article , Cheryl Isaak
writes:

Cheryl - avoiding the vacuuming that needs to be done

Want to come out here and help me avoid washing the dishes? We have clean
spoons, so we can have Haagen Dazs for lunch. And if we order pizza, we won't
need plates or forks for dinner.

--
Finished 3/17/04 -- Elmo
WIP: Fireman's Prayer, Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler, Holiday

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old March 22nd 04, 10:23 PM
Rhea

I love the way that the outside world disappears when I'm working on my piece.

I love the way my cat tries to grab at each skein of floss when I'm changing
colors on my needle.

I love the way my husband wants to keep every piece I finish and display it in
his office.

I love the way that people's faces light up when I give them one of my
heirlooms.

I love the way my spare bedroom is filled to rim with plastic containers of my
"stash".

I love the way I feel when I complete a project and can't wait to dig thru my
stash to start the next.

Rhea from KY, USA
Old March 22nd 04, 10:28 PM
Karen C - California

In article , Cheryl Isaak
writes:

No - sushi and California Rolls.

OK, OK. I'll call Taki and get us a dinner reservation. I'm told theirs is
the best sushi in town.

Unless you want to swing by the supermarket on your way in from the airport and
pick up some from the deli counter.....

Old March 22nd 04, 10:57 PM
Poetta

Oh YES YES YES to all of the "I loves" on here!!!! Such a simple thing
and yet it brings so MUCH joy!!!

Jennifer / Poetta

www.LadybugLane.com

Old March 23rd 04, 12:23 AM
pensmom4

"Little Black Bird" wrote in message news:u2H7c.63271$SR1.107183@attbi_s04...
I was going to call this things I love about cross-stitch, but I think some
of it applies to all kinds of embroidery:

Oooohhh! Let's keep going!

I love the way that I can start with a piece of paper, some blank
fabric and a pile of threads, and turn it into a thing of beauty!

Pensmom