Very Dufficult New Year Resolution

Old January 1st 09, 06:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Default Very Dufficult New Year Resolution

HA HA HA HA HA HA ........ oh, I am Gasping for Breath in Virginia!
PAT, ROFL

"Kate XXXXXX" wrote in message
et...
Keep the sewing room tidy!

I have a MAJOR clear-up exercise to do in there... Machines and fabric
and threads and bits all over the place, careful footwork needed to
negotiate the bosticle course that is the 'floor', and homes to find for
new toys. When it's all pretty and you can really see that there is a bed
and a chair in there besides the heap, I must try to keep it that way...

It won't be easy. I have no illusions about this.

So a joyous New Year to all, and good luck with your plans, however small
and local they may be!
http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Old January 1st 09, 11:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Pat in Virginia wrote:
HA HA HA HA HA HA ........ oh, I am Gasping for Breath in Virginia!
PAT, ROFL

Well, there ARE 21 sewing machines in the house, and I had 8 of them up
at school for a week... Plus all the fabrics, threads, bobbins, kit for
keeping them going, stuff and bling for the stockings, patterns and all
sorts... It kinda got dumped on top of the mess there was already in
there when I got it all home from school. But yes, under the heap there
is a bed... Somewhere... I sort of remember a carpet, too...

And Christmas happened before I got time to tidy it up, and I had a
cold, and we've had guests for dinner, and.. Yup, it's a mess.
Old January 1st 09, 11:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Roberta wrote:
If the world were organized more sensibly, we'd all live next door to
the best complementary quilting buddy. I'd love to be your neighbor
-tidiness is one of my talents. But I really need someone like you
around to help me loosen up now and then and make me sew other things
and stop obsessing over the scraps!
Roberta in D, Queen of the Scrap Heap

Me, I'm Queen of the Sewing Compost Heap right now! Maybe we should
find houses next door to each other...

I *can* be tidy. I hate this much mess, but between school, the evil
cold the kids gave me, and the fibro, sorting the compost heap has slid
down my list of things I have energy for.

Old January 1st 09, 11:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Bobbie Sews More wrote:
"Keep the sewing room tidy!" Don't know how many times I have told myself
to clean up all the mess so that sewing will be more enjoyable! Then I will
stack up a big pile of things that need to be mended or sewn next----and I
don't because I put something else on top and cover it all up. Last month I
DID catch up on mending. Now I am working at taking up all my pants ( 2
sizes) because I lost weight. That is a good thing to do!
Barbara in FL

Well done on the weight loss. That is something else I have to tackle
this year. I've ained a stone I need to re-shed for comfort.

When I'm not sewing things get dumped in the sewing room. It's got out
of hand more than somewhat! I didn't have time between 3 rushed big
jobs finishing and getting the stuff ready and into school to sort it,
and by the time I got back from school, Christmas was with us... Thank
goodness we didn't have guests staying!

Old January 1st 09, 11:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Patti wrote:
You're not alone, Kate. However, I am restricting my total
re-organisation to the cupboard in the sewing room/study! The rest of
the room is fairly OK. If things are put away, it is fine. But the
cupboard it totally out of control. I have no real idea of what lies
beyond the fascia of 'stuff' g.
Good luck with yours - I'll think of you as I think of getting up
courage to take everything out of the cupboard ... ..

Quite a bit of mine is what I call 'macro-tidying' - putting away the
big stuff like sewing machines. Once they are stowed, there will be
room to move and sort the rest out. I shall do one area at a time.
Sewing machines one day, floor another, bed the next, and I'll soon have
a lot of it sorted. I then need to spend a couple of hours in the loft
putting fabric away in various boxes. That is the daunting bit.

Old January 1st 09, 11:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Butterflywings wrote:
Mine needs straightening since the Hug Sewing Marathon. but that is for
tomorrow. Today I must get the Butterfly fabrics out and get cutting as I
MUST get the butterfly Warm Window done for our bedroom. Neighbor is burning
garbage wood in his fireplace that makes me lose my voice. Even with voice
control and 2 AIR FILTERS going full blast. gotta seal up the window...and
the Warm Window will do that.

Best of luck. Not being able to breathe properly is one of my nightmares.

Old January 1st 09, 11:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Maureen Wozniak wrote:

Good luck with your resolution. I've been trying to think what my "goals"
for 2009 are (I've decide I don't like resolution--to guilt inducing when I
fail. I'll call them goals instead). I think my quilting one will be to use
up some stash.

Goal One: FIND the sewing room floor...
Old January 2nd 09, 02:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nann

It's January 2, 24 hours + into the new year. Time for an update!
How are you coming with your cleaning-up project?

veg,
Nann

--
Kate *XXXXXX *R.C.T.Q Madame Chef des Trolls
Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttonshttp://www.katedicey.co.uk

Old January 2nd 09, 03:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
juliasb

It seems that I spend more time tidying my sewing studio than actually
quilting these days. Though I have been putting together some lovely
pallets of fabrics here the last few days I think it will be weeks
before I find the cutting table to begin acutally working. Like
others here my studio seems to collect just about everything that
comes into the house. It is a constant challenge to find the floor.
When I do begin cutting or sewing then the real nightmare begins.
I am getting ready to do some major patchwork here over the next
month or so and do not expect to see my floor until sometime in
March! So for now the path that lets me walk from one room to the
other is about all there is going to be. The resolution is to sew, not
clean or clear for now. julia

Old January 2nd 09, 04:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Nann wrote:
It's January 2, 24 hours + into the new year. Time for an update!
How are you coming with your cleaning-up project?

Good grief, I wasn't going to start this morning! Oh, no nononono...
I've been out to lunch! Retirement celebration with a friend, you know.
More important than tidying up.

(Nails Severe Look in place)