Finding cheap yarn

Old December 20th 03, 03:40 PM
Laura Sklarsky

Default Finding cheap yarn

Hello,
Can anyone tell me where I can find cheap wool or acrylic yarn now
that Woolworth's is out of business?
Old December 20th 03, 03:45 PM
news.sonic.net

Walmart's house brand is $1.67 for 8oz. It's nice and soft and washes up
great.

Kelly
m...

Old December 20th 03, 03:51 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On 20 Dec 2003 07:40:45 -0800, Laura Sklarsky wrote:

Hello,
Can anyone tell me where I can find cheap wool or acrylic yarn now
that Woolworth's is out of business?

Cheap as in quality or cheap as in price?
Walmart
SuperWalmart
eBay

HTH,
Noreen

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.
Old December 20th 03, 04:31 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Laura,

Also Walmarts has Red Heart for $2.17 a skein, I've used both and they work up
great.

Nora
Old December 20th 03, 06:04 PM
Karen MN

"Laura Sklarsky" wrote in message
m...
Hello,
Can anyone tell me where I can find cheap wool or acrylic yarn now
that Woolworth's is out of business?

Around here, Walmart (they carry their own brand, some Caron's, and some Red
Heart, and lately Lion Brand as well).
Also JoAnn Fabrics and Michael's (craft store).

Old December 20th 03, 06:12 PM
Ophelia

"Karen MN" wrote in message
.. .

"Laura Sklarsky" wrote in message
m...
Hello,
Can anyone tell me where I can find cheap wool or acrylic yarn now
that Woolworth's is out of business?

Around here, Walmart (they carry their own brand, some Caron's, and some

Red
Heart, and lately Lion Brand as well).
Also JoAnn Fabrics and Michael's (craft store).

In UK charity shops are a good source. Packs of brand new yarn are often
on sale. I usually sniff the pack in case a smoker has given them in.
There was a lot of mohair yarn in shops in the last few months. New packs
in different colours. I suppose the producer had donated it

Ophelia

My yarn addiction Elsa Yarn 24 December 17th 03 04:30 AM
Yarn Forward Yarn Forward Yarn 2 November 30th 03 08:52 PM
FA Lots of Vintage Yarn! Noru, Pingouin, Lopi, More! DorothyRose1912 Marketplace 0 November 14th 03 02:19 AM
How do I soften stiff (cheap) yarn? Donna Levin Yarn 9 October 31st 03 01:08 PM
Aaaaaaaagghhh!! Slippery yarn rant... CMM PDX2 Yarn 8 September 1st 03 07:27 PM