Looking for right place please....

Old March 22nd 04, 03:40 PM
Atom1

Default Looking for right place please....

Here ya go:
http://www.taunton.com/threads/pages/bt0008.asp

Michelle
Italy

wrote in message
I firstly apologise if I have come to the wrong group...But I am looking

for
Pattern or Instructions for a Single Bed Duvet Cover for my grandsons
bedroom....Would appreciate any help please.....I just don't seem to

able to
see Single size anywhere...

Many Many Thanks to all.....

Angie/UK

Old March 22nd 04, 04:39 PM
nana2b

Hi, In the States they are called "twin" size. I hope this helps.

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242

Old March 23rd 04, 12:09 AM
Kate Dicey

Sarah Dale wrote:

wrote:
for Pattern or Instructions for a Single Bed Duvet Cover for my grandsons
bedroom....Would appreciate any help please.....I just don't seem to able

Hi Angie,

Do you know, I'm not sure there are patterns for this! I have recently made
super-king size (6ft wide) sheets and duvet covers and pillowcases for my
new bed - to match the new decor.

Bed linen is super easy - its all rectangles! Measure the duvet cover and
add a bit - say an inch or 2 to allow for the height of the duvet, and an
extra inch at the bottom for the snap tape (will probably be called popper
here in the UK - although most places I asked seem to understand UK and USA
terminollogy ;-) ).

Cut top and bottom to the size you have determined. Whiz up one side, across
the top and down the other. Apply popper tape across the both ends - watch
what side it goes on! Turn cover right side out, fold up popper tape to
inside, now at each side of the bottom, sew a rectangle the depth of the
poper tape and a few inches wide - this stops the corners of the duvet
hanging out at the bottom, and prevents ripping the tape / bottom of duvet,
especially if you reinforce!

Another easy method is to make the duvet cover like a pillowcase, with a
tuck in long flap rather than popper tape.

HTH,

Sarah (piccies of mine available if you want!)

All I do for duvet covers is measure the duvet!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

New auction place with lampwork categories! Kandice Seeber Beads 9 January 2nd 05 08:02 AM
clear glaze developes milky spots in place??? Zander Pottery 11 December 3rd 04 05:37 PM
The Place Mat Incident Debbie B Beads 6 October 21st 04 12:09 AM
Won 4 first place ribbons at the fair SusanTorrens Quilting 15 September 1st 04 10:23 PM
Towels in place of Batting? Jill Pochik Quilting 1 September 9th 03 03:27 PM